Application Security Engineer
The data security engineer plays a key role in the infosec team, ensuring that security best practices are followed and that tools and processes that support a secure platform are maintained and kept up to date. Ideal candidates will have a mix of security and systems engineering backgrounds to ensure that business processes are configured correctly and that security best practices are designed and implemented. Candidates will also possess exemplary communication skills to articulate and disseminate security policy to the business.
• Build and maintain complex technical infrastructure that supports a secure platform that protects our data at rest and in transit.
• work closely with Enterprise and Direct-to-Consumer developers and business owners to identify data sets, strong analytical skills related to working with structured and unstructured data sets.
• Provide technical guidance on industry tools and best practices in the field of data security.
• Monitor and maintain security tools that instrument security policies and capabilities.
• Partner with compliance specialists to ensure the technical implementation of regulatory frameworks from a technical perspective using proven industry methods and tools.
• Provide technical leadership in the field of data security and compliance, specifically the ability to determine the least business impactful way of implementing security tools and features
• Collaborate with our corporate functions including Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance, Privacy, and Sourcing to ensure that Discovery maintains a strong cybersecurity posture.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline or 6+ years of previous technical experience, specifically security architecture experience.
• Security certifications are a plus. (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc.)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate within the context of the intended audience, whether that be senior executives or highly technical engineering resources.
• Proven experience collecting and disseminating customer and engineering requirements and architecting them into robust security solutions.
• Proven experience architecting and configuring database security technology (SQL, Oracle, Imperva)
• Proven experience architecting and configuring operating systems and the security concepts involved
• Proven experience architecting and implementing encryption implementation concepts (at rest, application level, in transit)
• Proven experience architecting and configuring authentication and authorization concepts (RBAC, IAM)
• Proven experience analysing and remediating security topics such as the OWASP top 10.
• Proven experience with SIEM & logging tools (Splunk, Kibana, Qradar) and the ability to extract actionable intelligence from large volume aggregated log storage.
• Deep technical understanding of network and compute architectures and, specifically the security aspects thereof.
• High degree of familiarity with all regulatory compliance frameworks
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.