Principal Product Manager
Operating in one of the most interesting, innovative and fluid industries, a role within Discovery’s Direct-to- consumer business offers a fantastic career opportunity.
Discovery's Digital Direct-To-Consumer business operates a group of both well established brands and well-funded start-ups. We operate teams working at the crossroads of tech and entertainment. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, Food Network, HGTV, MotorTrend Group, as well as newer brands such as GolfTV. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more immersive stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate and creative individuals to make this amazing content and the tech that distributes it, and that’s where we come in!
Discovery’s Talent team recruits the best talent the industry has to offer. We pride ourselves on hiring recruiters and researchers who are absolute experts at what they do. Passionate, with a keen eye for talent, well networked and up to date on industry innovations. We’re now adding to our team a Senior Data & Analytics Manager, with that same level of passion, dynamism, industry knowledge and ‘get things done’ attitude!
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Discovery Inc’s Direct- To-Consumer business is looking for a Data and Analytics Specialist who will help guide the next chapter of the business’ growth.
This role will produce business-critical people insights which enables the recruiting organization to move faster and make better decisions through the successful delivery of People analytics. This is a new role and will lay the foundation for data and analytics within the recruiting and people organization. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the business by creatively exploring & using data to inform our decisions. You’ll be responsible for understanding what works differently for each lines of business and recommend business strategies for improving operational efficiency for a global team of recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators.
This role collaborates closely with the Director of Talent, People and Culture leadership and the business leaders help move from data and analysis to action.
1. Drive and partner with people analytics to build our recruiting data roadmap and analytics reporting framework.
2. Define, evaluate and report on key metrics for the recruitment organization on a global level.
3. Partner across all levels of recruiting leadership to provide data that will lead to more informed decision making.
4. Design, build and maintain dashboards and visualizations.
5. Translate complex findings and data in a compelling and easy-to-understand narrative for the end user
6. Communicate analyses and recommendations to various cross-functional stakeholders.
7. Make recommendations to improve existing data-collection methodologies. Use basic tools such as Excel, PowerPoint or infographics to deliver reports and dashboards
8. Create routine reports and prepare analysis of recruiting trends for existing programs and new initiatives
9. Assist in the creation of models, templates, and documentation
10. Design and recommend key metrics for talent acquisition operations to better align resources and drive better decision making
11. Identify, analyze and forecast trends into meaningful visualizations and develop presentations for leadership as needed
12. Produce and present ad hoc, monthly and quarterly talent acquisition analysis reports to support business line data activity reporting needs
13. Work with recruiting managers to develop and maintain user dashboards that display real time and on-demand KPIs for the recruiting and sourcing teams.
14. Evaluate trends on process and measuring organizational effectiveness and make recommendations for further optimization.
15. Ensure high integrity and accuracy of recruiting data through audits and governance.
* 5-8 years of work experience in Data & Analytics, systems, or reporting function.
* Experience in statistical analysis and complex data interpretation with the ability to present. information and insights to all layers of the organization in a concise, clear, and timely manner.
* Advanced Excel keynote and PowerPoint Skills.
* Strong problem-solving capability and ability to analyze complex problems or situations and develop practical solutions
* Demonstrated analytical skills and proven experience in applying a systematic and disciplined approach to resolving complex issues
* Attention to detail
* Proven ability to understand and translate customer requirements/needs when making decisions
* Self-directed with the ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
* Experience working with virtual teams across diverse geographical locations
* Operates with a keen sense of urgency
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.