Operator Engagement Manager, Latin America
Mexico City, Mexico
Reporting to the Manager of Credit and Collections, the Credit & Collections Specialist is an integral member of the Credit & Collections Team at Discovery Latin America. The primary function of the Credit & Collections Specialist is to collect accounts receivable amounts from the Distribution, Licensing, Program Sales, Access Fees and others.
• Manage Collections for assigned region, including withholding tax certificates.
• Review contracts in order to process of credits and debits, affiliate reliefs, billing discrepancies and reconciliations.
• Quarterly cash forecast and actuals reports.
• Oversee the compliance and collection of timely reporting of affiliate subscriber reports in support of Billing department efforts.
• Ongoing reconciliations to ensure debt on account is equal to the client’s accounting books have registered.
• Manage foreign currency cash application and movements between Cash G/Ls for assigned regions
• Handle renegotiation of outstanding debts, debt acknowledgement document and payment plans
• Strive to DSO (Day Sales Outstanding) within company goals.
• Reduce bad debt exposures and reserves and provide updated on the specific bad debt reserve for client that have a risk of non-payment.
• Provide to cash application team remittances from the customers including the report that is sent to cash application in order to apply all the payments.
• Fluent communication with the sales teams in the regions in order coordinate Credit approvals, complete vendor forms for payments and daily communication with the external clients regarding collections.
• Effective use of the disconnection policy for seriously past due affiliates
• Ensure compliance with financial policies, standard operating procedures, as well as service level agreements
• Guide the customers on how to use the new tool for credit card payments.
• Perform credit screenings in coordination with Credit & Collections Manager
• Process all write-offs and ensure have been thoroughly investigated and are indeed un-collectable.
Education and Experience
• Fluent in English
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, in accounting or business administration
• 3-5 years of experience pertaining to credit & collection
• Ability to build strong professional relationships
• Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem-solving skills
• Honest, trustworthy and dependable
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Organizational skills to facilitate the prioritization of work.
• Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
• Strong written and oral communication.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Customer-centric focus.
• Process design and improvements.
• Handle stressful situations with ease. Able to meet deadlines
• General Accounting knowledge
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.