Sales Planner - Advanced Advertising
New York, NY
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of
empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity. In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive, and grow in their careers.
The Corporate Relations Team is responsible for managing global client relations on behalf of Discovery's CEO & Senior Leadership Team. This includes client hospitality programs, corporate meetings & offsites, special events & management of the global branded merchandise program.
The Specialist, Corporate Relations is a valued member of the Corporate Relations team, overseeing the global branded merchandise program – creating branded product for discovery+, Discovery Channel, Food Network, HGTV, OWN, TLC, Science Channel, Animal Planet, Magnolia, ID, The Olympic Games and more. This role will also support Corporate Relations projects, such as hospitality programs, executive offsites and live events.
• Manage the global branded merchandise program, creating best-in-class products to support Discovery's leading nonfiction and international entertainment and sports businesses
• Support CEO branded merchandise program, creating unique products for VIP client & talent gifting
• Create products, client mailers and superfan gifts for Discovery's direct-to-consumer product (discovery+)
• Develop & execute a year-round merchandise strategy to help inform purchasing decisions and product selections
• Research trends across key genres including fashion, technology, food, home, sport & travel
• Maintain strong relationships with Discovery's preferred vendors, bridging the gap between client project needs, suppliers & production
• Work closely with creative teams to develop custom artwork, logos, and one-of-a-kind products to include in gifts
• Manage Corporate Relations budget to ensure events & projects are delivered on-time and within budget, negotiating fees where appropriate, tracking costs, and ensuring timely payment
• Maintain Discovery's online merchandise inventory system
• Ensure all projects are complying with Discovery's InfoSec & privacy policies and Ethics & Compliance standards
• Support team on Corporate Relations projects
• BA, BS or higher
• 3-5 years of project management experience
• 3-5 of events experience is a plus
• Highly detail-oriented and very organized with the ability to adapt to a changing environment while following tasks through to completion
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Creative individual who enjoys thinking ''outside the box''
• Skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
• Excellent phone skills with strong email and writing etiquette
• Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff at all levels
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb79ye-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.