Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can.
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join our team in the fields of FP&A Centre of Excellence, Global Business Services, HR Services and Media Business.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Analyst to Discovery's FP&A Center of Excellence - organization that maintains worldwide operations.
FP&A COE is known for its innovative thinking, best practices implementation and great customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming the way we work.
• Supporting the monthly forecast, annual budget and long-range planning processes for global, corporate function (Global Technology & Operations) with ~$500M annual budget.
• Generating, distributing and consolidating templates for senior budget owners. Managing / maintaining reporting models and dimension mappings (e.g., cost center realignment and setup)
• Understanding expense drivers, providing insightful variance analysis and forecast commentary (vs budget, pr. forecast, actuals)
• Support the month-end close process from an FP&A perspective with variance analysis focusing on cost P&L
• Facilitate communication between FP&A business partners / FP&A COE and the Accounting / Finance teams to ensure proper coding and accounting treatment of expenses
• Management of allocation models supporting proper understanding of functional cost of organization
• Interpretation and clear communication of the results, reports and analysis
• Continuous enhancement of the reporting tools and processes. Learning and leveraging various tools, including Power Pivot and RPA automation (Blueprism)
• Work on special projects as needed
• 2+ years of working experience with experience in Finance/FP&A
• Fluent in English
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously
• Proficiency in Excel modeling skills (Power Pivot, Power Query and VBA skills highly desired)
• Solid understanding of forecasting and budgeting process
• General accounting knowledge
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a global team
• Excellent analytical skills
• Pro-active and hands-on, willing to take initiative and to follow through on projects
• High drive and energy level
• Your way of working is characterized by a high level of accuracy and exceptional attention to detail
• CIMA/ACCA qualified or education in progress desired
• Possibility to work in a highly regarded organization within a well-known company and international exposure
• Attractive benefit package
• Partial home office
• Flexible working hours