Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Analyst to Discovery's Corporate Finance Team – the nexus where Discovery Inc.'s financial storyline, influential analyses and financial decision-making come together. By managing and coordinating budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, and financial analysis across the company, Corporate Finance drives improved decision-making for finance leadership and Discovery senior management with the goal of maximizing shareholder value. The team focuses on highlighting and synthesizing information, key performance indicators and operating metrics so that senior management can have a better understanding of the economics of the business and improve the quality and speed of decision-making. The Corporate Finance group strives to continuously improve global FP&A activities and grow talent across finance and operations.
The Corporate Finance Analyst will play a key role in delivering high value-added and accurate financial information and analyses for internal and external stakeholders to drive strategic planning and decision making. The Corporate Finance Analyst will report to the Corporate Finance Sr. Manager, also located in Poland.
• Supporting the month end close process from an FP&A perspective, particularly working closely with SPOC's at Center of Excellence (CoE) to understand month end results and transform this information into insightful commentary to provide the consolidated story for Discovery
• Supporting the monthly forecast close process, including ensuring corporate deadlines are clearly communicated and met, as well as owning and managing the consolidated global model and R&O's. Additionally, understanding and clearly summarizing key findings/variances to support discussions and decision making with the business
• Assisting in the production of materials for CFO and other executive reviews
• Supporting the development and maintenance of the financial dashboard
• Supporting the quarterly earnings cycle, including preparing the segment bridge summaries of key variances year over year and other analyses to prepare the CFO for the quarterly earnings call, as well as ensuring the accuracy of the financial statements (10Q and 10K)
• Ensuring consistency of global financial reporting across reporting systems
• Supporting the annual budget process, including the design of the consolidated model, the critical review of planning assumptions, and crafting the consolidated story for the Finance Committee
• Performing ad hoc tasks and reporting related to supporting the CFO
• Deep understanding of reporting dimensions and systems
• Continuous review and improvement of management information
• Prepare SOX control checks between the ERP reporting system and the Financial Dashboard
• 3+ years of working experience preferably with experience in FP&A department
• Fluent in English is a must (spoken and written)
• BS degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics or quantitative field
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously
• Strong Analytical skills, ability to transform large data sets into clear concise analysis
• Strong problem-solving skills and proficiency in Excel
• Persistent attention to detail
• Exceptional team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to independently manage workload and prioritize time
• High energy and sense of urgency in completing all tasks, proactive and enthusiastic to streamlining processes
• Your way of working is characterized by a high level of accuracy
• Entertainment/Digital Media experience a big plus
• Must have legal right to work
What's in it for you?
• Hybrid work model
• Free access to player.pl
• Benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, partial funding company kindergarten, recognition platform, employee referral program
• Work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, yoga, massages, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• Training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• Casual dress code
• Parking space available for booking
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyee23-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.