Senior Researcher, Consumer Insights - India
Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK. As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring.
For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn't stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
• Strategic planning and scheduling of our channels based on effective utilization of the content pipeline, ratings analysis and target audience.
• Communicating content curation priorities with creative, media planning, marketing, affiliate sales and ad sales teams to ensure both revenue and promotional opportunities are maximized.
• Evaluation and acquisition of content to meet the needs of the channel.
• Maximizing the value of our available inventory by developing programming stunts to drive channel performance.
• Ensure the smooth running of our VOD service by working closely with affiliates and partners on content selection and with media operations team on the content delivery.
• Support the growth of new business, content opportunities and portfolio development through analysis of market intelligence, content curation knowledge and industry research.
• Fluency in written and verbal communication of the Tamil language.
• 3+ years of experience working in media.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of tight deadlines with changing priorities.
• Display a keen eye for detail and strong communication skills.
• Flexible, positive attitude with a commitment to ongoing, on-the-job education.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively.
• Strong interest and passion in content.
• Knowledge of IBMS a plus.
ABOUT DISCOVERY INDIA:
Discovery India, the country's leading infotainment player, is dedicated to satisfying curiosity, engaging and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its portfolio of 12 channels including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Discovery HD World, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Kids, Discovery JEET, Animal Planet HD World, TLC HD World, Discovery Tamil and a premium sports channel DSPORT. From survival to natural history, wonders of science to extreme jobs, motoring to travel and lifestyle, and the latest engineering marvels to original content productions to live sporting events, each channel offers distinct must-watch programming to engage viewers across the country.
Discovery Communications India is a division of Discovery Networks Asia Pacific (DNAP).
Discovery's Guiding Principles are designed to define the distinctive character, spirit and attitude of our organization…and to inspire us as we design our future.
We really want our leaders to model these principles, and to infuse them into everything we do. This really gets to the very core of Discovery – our spirit, our attitudes and aspirations – our ethos.
These powerful words and phrases define who we are as a company and we hope our leaders practice every time they are setting goals, making decisions and model the behaviors.
The Way We Work
In Asia, our culture and general leadership traits are in evolution as we migrate from being a traditional linear Pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile platforms. We are developing direct consumer relationships while still supporting our traditional platform partners with innovative solutions to help them grow and evolve their businesses. We are looking to embrace a 'maker' culture in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, youthful and low-hierarchy setting akin to Silicon Valley tech firms. We are looking for the brightest candidates – driven by passion and curiosity, and who are not afraid to step out of their comfort zone – to support this journey.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k190-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.