Senior Accountant - Other Revenue
Discovery, Inc. is searching for a Content Accountant in Knoxville, TN to join our Accounting team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes' Best Places for Careers, Forbes' Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post's Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Content Accountant is primarily responsible for tracking accounting transactions related to content costs for domestic linear networks.
1.Review and analyze contracts for content cost for domestic linear networks.
2. Input and maintain cost data in accounting database.
3. Record month end journal entries related to content cost.
4. Prepare routine monthly account reconciliations.
5. Serve as a business partner with business affairs, finance and production management to
resolve contract questions and issues.
6. Assist management and peers as necessary during peak periods.
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited institution and 3 years of experience in
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
It's a plus if you have:
* CPA is preferred
* Exposure to accounting in a global corporate environment
* Experience with SAP
* Cable network accounting experience
* Experience reviewing contractual documentation
* Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and
reporting of financial data.
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and regulations related to accounting and generally accepted
* Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
* Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
* Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
* Proficient working with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8115-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.