Product Security Engineer
Position Title: Configuration Analyst
Department: Service Architecture
Reports To: Senior Director Service Architecture
Type of contract: temporary (up to 12 months) - We are open for flexible type of employment.
Discovery operates on a worldwide basis to produce & acquire content from thousands of global partners, schedule hundreds of linear TV & online channels, and distribute content to hundreds of affiliates including cable TV, free-to-air broadcast, and online video providers such as Amazon and iTunes.
Configuration Analyst is accountable for supporting the Governance, operation and day-to-day management and execution of the Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM) processes. The Configuration Analyst acts as the supporting interface between SACM, key stakeholders and business users. The Configuration Analyst is directly responsible for supporting core SACM process deliverables.
This role is both operationally and tactically focused.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
• The Configuration Analyst role is focused on data entry and management within the DISCOVERY INC. ServiceNow CMDB. The Configuration analyst provides administrative support to the Configuration Manager and CI Data Owners. This role is much less strategic and more hands-on than the Configuration Manager and CMDB Architect roles.
• Support the planning, management and control of the data within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to ensure the accuracy and integrity in support of IT service management processes
• Conduct data quality analysis, provide recommendations to address data quality issues, and execute data management plans to provide accuracy of CI's across all classes through:
• Execution and operation of the SACM Data Governance Process
• Execution and operation of the SACM Recertification Process
• Execution and operation of the Discovery tool reconciliation process
• Support working with Change Management to identify unapproved CI changes or alterations in the environment or in the CMDB
• Assist with development of CMDB training guides and product documentation and process integration
• Support training department to ensure that CI Data Owners have sufficient training material and are educated in the Configuration Management process
• Support CI Data Owners in following the standard methods for managing the CIs they own (e.g. follow correct procedure/process to effect changes in CMDB)
• Support Configuration Management, Change Management and Release Management process evaluations
• Support structural changes to the CMDB
Global Mindset & Innovation
• Support partnering with product manager(s) and functional architects to understand the Global Content system strategy and roadmap and align business requests to fit into or enhance the roadmap.
• Support all stakeholders in helping to define and implement CI data input methodologies including external systems integrations, manual data entry, data imports and data transformation mapping, ServiceNow Discovery and other data sources to maintain the CMDB. This includes
• Support leveraging automated tooling to lessen manual data entry, tedious, 'human error' workload
• Support reconciling CMDB data exceptions between CMDB, automation derived information, imports and other authoritative production data repositories
• Support working with various stakeholders and CI data owners to ensure the quality of the CMDB data is maintained and all CI's are up to date
• Support working closely with Enterprise Asset Management team to ensure asset data integrity
• Assist with user stories in support of new functionality or to correct noted defects
• Support timely story release management, working with ServiceNow platform management team and QA
Preferred Capabilities and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent degree/work experience
• Effective team player with ability to self-manage when needed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective presentation skills; ability to communicate well at different levels within the organization
• Analysis and problem-solving skills
• Basic knowledge of broadcast industry functions including the hardware, software and networking desirable (not essential)
• Technical capability to work with the Change / Configuration Management System
• High-level understanding of CI Data Owner technologies and application support processes.
• Good understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process framework
• In-depth knowledge of Change, Configuration, Problem (not currently operational), and Incident and Service Request Management processes and their inter-relationships
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.