As part of the Commercial Development & Operations team, the primary purpose of this role is to provide decision support and create value for Discovery ANZ by using your exceptional, financial modelling, analytical, business case development, presentation building and relationship management skills.
Reporting to: Director Commercial Development & Operations, ANZ
How you will contribute to the team
• Produce and present financial/operational analytics that provide forward thinking insights enabling strategic decision support.
• Collaborate closely with Commercial Director and the leadership team to provide deal support in the form of analytics, insights and recommendations that maximise deal value.
• Produce business cases and presentations to support investment in new revenue opportunities.
• Working with regional Insights team to prepare industry analysis related to OTT, Subscription and Free to Air Networks.
• Challenge current thinking and make recommendations on how to optimise business opportunities and minimise risk/cost to the business.
• Interpreting commercial contracts so that financial models reflect underlying commercial terms
• Provide advice and guidance to the business on any ad hoc commercial and contractual matters, to ensure optimum long-term value for Discovery ANZ
• Provide account support as required for key linear and DTC distribution partners.
Demonstrated skills and experience
• Superior budgeting, forecasting and long-term financial planning
• Advanced Excel/Sheets knowledge to develop financial models to analyse options and support business decision-making
• Advanced PPT/Slides knowledge to create clear, concise presentations that explain options to senior local and global stakeholders.
• Exceptional collaborative, interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong communication skills, self-motivated, proactive and outcome focused
• Drive, enthusiasm, and a desire to assist Discovery ANZ in achieving a growth strateg
• Ability to balance project work with BAU
• Experience working in multi market roles ideal but not critical
• Degree qualified - Finance, Business, Statistics or similar discipline
• Accounting experience with CA or CPA qualification desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm7m4-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.