The Collections Portfolio Analyst will focus on cash collections in a high transactional volume, positive team oriented environment, with multiple revenue streams all while ensuring compliance with corporate collection and credit policies.
This position is responsible for initiating contact to customers with delinquent balances, in an attempt to secure payment and maintain customer goodwill. Incumbents confer with customers by telephone and e-mail to determine reason(s) for overdue payment, reviewing terms of the sale, service and/or contract with customer. The position is also charged with recording and maintaining information about the financial status and collection efforts into the ERP system in a timely basis.
The candidate will provide meaningful insights and resolutions relative to receivable issues. Additionally, the candidate should understand the financial systems that support collections and contribute to the design and testing of systems and processes enhancements and performance. The Collections Portfolio Specialist will be critical in cultivating an environment that supports and reflects the Discovery Communication brand.
For this role we can offer a fixed term contract until February 2022.
- Review customer status and initiate make collection activities based upon corporate policies and procedures.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers in accordance with specified service level agreement.
- Identify and resolve disputes according to company standards.
- Negotiate payment schedules with management approval.
- Enter and maintain detailed conversation notes for all customer accounts.
- Perform account maintenance when necessary or instructed (refunds, credits, write offs etc.).
- Maintain data integrity at all times.
- Provide weekly, monthly reports and analysis of portfolio for management.
- Identify and escalate delinquent accounts that pose a revenue risk.
- All other functions as assigned.
A completion of an undergraduate's degree program in a recognized business discipline with at least 2-3 years of business to business collection experience within a high transactional volume environment OR combined experience and education equivalent to that of an undergraduate degree program. Working experience within a media, cable or tech organization highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate findings and present and implement optimal solutions to collection issues.
- Critical thinker and ability to recommend and execute solutions to complex issues. - Prioritization, organization and attention to detail are a must.
- Bulgarian/Serbian/Russian + English (must have), Polish (nice to have)
- Strong analytical capability with a focus on resolving complex customer account reconciliations.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage a heavy workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Recent experience with common ERP systems. SAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to deliver ad hoc reporting as needed / requested.
- Seasoned ability to work with large sets of data through the proficient use of MS Excel. Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of: Pivot Tables, intermediate to complex formula creation, and VLook-Up functions.
- Proficient use of MS PowerPoint.
- Team player with the ability to develop and foster positive relationships.
- Strong business acumen
- A positive, customer experience driven mindset.