Infrastructure Monitoring Analyst
Reporting to a Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in monitoring and supporting Discovery's Global platform infrastructure. The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Cloud Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure.
Working as part of a team of Tier 2 Infrastructure operations engineers in our Krakow operations center, the role is responsible for supporting Discovery's platform infrastructure across 50 offices and production centers globally. This position will have daytime working hours Monday through Friday although an element of flexibility and on call will be required from time to time.
• Monitoring all our production platform infrastructure in real time
• Outage vetting – initiating of critical outage situations
• Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to production platform infrastructure
• Keep platform infrastructure device monitoring and asset tracking systems up to date
• Coordinate escalation process to third-party platform vendors in case of hardware or software failure
• Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations as well as planned out of business hours system maintenance.
• Uphold professional ticket management by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs updated and properly resolved at time of completion
• Maintain Platform Operations Knowledge Base(s)
• 2+ years providing administrative and troubleshooting support in the areas of AWS or Google, and CI/CD toolsets
• Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
• Must have the legal right to work in associated role country
• Experience with Chef or puppet
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform
• Experience with New Relic, Datadog, Solarwinds, and Splunk
• Experience with Python, Powershell
• Experience with Linux and Windows Server operating systems
• Experience with CDN (Akamai, Fastly, Cloudfront)
• Experience with GIT or other code repository
• Experience with Jira
• Experience using ServiceNow or another similar Service Management tool
• Experience with ITIL principals
• Understanding of DNS, security groups, http/s
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.