Software Development Engineer
Along with rest of the Media world, Discovery is undergoing a transformation to build unique experiences around the world-class non-scripted video content in form of many Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products on dozens of different platforms.This role is directly involved in global delivery of a robust platform that serves as the foundation for building products such in our wide offering of in DTC as well as our wide broadcast portfolio. (18 US brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet), Eurosport, MotorTrend, GolfTV, DPlay and many others.
Are you a cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code, and automation enthusiast? Do you want to work with a massively increasing portfolio of Direct To Consumer technologies, as part of a growing organization? Can you help us grow with best-of-breed open source tools and fully managed AWS services, and join us in embracing state-of-the-art cloud best practices?
We need engineers with passion and knowledge of Cloud Computing on multiple cloud platforms and a modern approach to infrastructure automation. We want people familiar with cloud native approaches and container technology, who have a constant desire to keep learning and who have real hands-on experience.
• Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud)
• Experience automating infrastructure using IAC tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Pulumi, or similar.
• Problem solving and performance optimization in a cloud environment. Highly distributed, scalable services bring unique challenges and we’ll be exploring state-of-the-art solutions to diagnose things that fail or slow down.
• Knowledge of large scale application architecture, design, implementation and performance tuning in a cloud platform environment.
• Knowledge of cloud design patterns, and architectures and debugging. We adopt a multi-account, multi-VPC strategy for maximum isolation between different services and separation of operational responsibility.
• Communications skills - we're all constantly learning and like to encourage the sharing of knowledge across our engineering team
• Security awareness - you understand the importance of security best practices and know how to establish a robust set of defenses
• Must have the legal rights to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.