Operator Engagement Manager, Latin America
Mexico City, Mexico
Reporting to the Manager of Credit and Collections, the Cash Application Specialist is an integral member of the Order to Cash Team at Discovery Latin America. General responsibilities include processing customer payment transactions for all type of business: Distribution, Licensing, Program Sales, Access Fees for all regions and Ad sales Argentina, Colombia, Mexico and Pan Regional for our Latin America customers. Additionally, the Cash Application Specialist is responsible for delivering key performance metrics around turnaround times and accuracy, maintaining effective relationships with internal customers, and general auditing and reporting.
• Accurate recording of transactions to customer accounts
• Perform bank, client account reconciliations and GL reconciliations
• Responsible for the upload of the bank statement for all LATAM bank accounts
• Performs reconciliation of daily deposits to the cash postings
• Maintain the credit card process and advise any errors on reporting or with the system
• Follow up with collectors on unapplied payments from customers.
• Resolve discrepancies and clearings
• Process all blackline intercompany transactions
• Communicate and follow up effectively with all departments involved in the order-to-cash life cycle
• Assist in month end closing and ad-hoc reporting
• Ensure compliance with financial policies, standard operating procedures, as well as service level agreements
• Assume responsibility for SOX and internal control activities in relation to cash application, ensuring integrity and compliance.
• Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
Education and Experience
• Fluent in English
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, in accounting or business administration
• 2-3 years of experience with processing payments
• Knowledge of general payment processing procedures
• Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
• Proven ability to create detailed line item account reconciliations from the ground up
• Ability to build strong professional relationships
• Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem-solving skills
• Honest, trustworthy and dependable
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Organizational skills to facilitate the prioritization of work.
• Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
• Strong written and oral communication.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Customer-centric focus.
• Process design and improvements.
• Handle stressful situations with ease. Able to meet deadlines
• General Accounting knowledge
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.