This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of all broadcast-related equipment. This role will also provide technical support ensuring the quality production and transmission of both audio and video.
1. Respond to calls from the operations group to resolve technical issues as they arise in the master control, encode, duplication, and related areas.
2. Ability to understand origination signal flow and quickly resolve on-air issues.
3. Prioritize tasks and issues that arise while on duty.
4. Execution and design of projects under guidance of engineering supervisors and managers.
5. Via physical checks and monitoring applications, complete shift check routines that ensure healthy status of origination facility equipment.
6. Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned.
7. Compilation of standard operating procedures and documentation in support of equipment.
8. Engage and assist in all learning opportunities. Continued development and constant collaboration is key to our team?s success.
* A minimum of five years experience maintaining broadcast television or production equipment.
* Strong understanding of IT technologies. Experience in AWS, Solarwinds, Cisco, Isilon, HP, Windows OS, VM?s and SQL a plus. A+ and N+ certifications are also a plus.
* Demonstrated knowledge of serial digital broadcast equipment including video servers, switchers, routers, and signal processing and measurement equipment.
* Knowledge of broadcast automation systems. iTX, Mediator and Pharos a plus.
* Ability to understand system drawings and signal flows. AutoCAD skills a plus.
* Demonstrated capability to patch around signal problems and take other emergency corrective actions rapidly, to maintain on-air status of television networks.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate, written and verbally.
* Ability to lift heavy equipment as needed (50 lbs.).
* Ability to work any shift schedule.
* This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
* Must have the legal right to work in
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7j00-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.