Production Facilities Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages. Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products, streaming services, social & mobile-first content and formats.
As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Discovery operates on a worldwide basis to produce & acquire content from thousands of global partners, schedule hundreds of linear TV & online channels, and distribute content to hundreds of affiliates including cable TV, free-to-air broadcast, and online video providers such as Amazon and iTunes.
Based in our Chiswick, West London Offices, you will be responsible for the recording and mixing of the live sport events audio broadcast through the London Technology Hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Among others, you will be responsible for:
• The operational activation, adjustment, monitoring and recording of multiple sound sources during live events.
• Working in partnership with clients to interpret production needs and set up requirements, ensuring all comms and audio feeds are set up and configured to agreed requirements before going live.
• Working closely with both locally and international production teams, to ensure audio guidelines are followed and all stings and beds are up to date.
• Operational experience of managing multiple sound inputs from a variety of locations at one time.
• A working knowledge of both remote and studio audio broadcast set up
• Working knowledge of industry standard routing systems and editing software
• Adaptable and flexible in a challenging, demanding and fast-paced environment
Why work for us?
You will play a pivotal role, working in a fun, fast paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are an experienced sound professional, looking for a challenging role with real business impact, we'd love to hear from you.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.