Production Bookings Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
This role manages broadcast graphics production and operations as part of the Broadcast Graphics team which covers Discovery's Nordic portfolio of free-to-air channels and Eurosport, transmitted from the London Media Centre.
We are a small team with a big reputation and a large amount of responsibility across a number of devices. We need a candidate with incredible attention to detail, strong technical ability and an interest in marketing and design. We interact with and influence many different departments throughout Discovery including media planning and scheduling, production, commercial, broadcast operations and engineering.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract position as a maternity cover.
• Media production and delivery, including:
• Maintaining automated graphic play-out
• Template creation/rule development
• Investigating issues and running checks to help prevent future problems
• Coordinating, building and implementing broadcast graphics for local teams on more than one device.
• Settings Configuration to sync linear with D+ application promotions
• Prepare devices as spares/cover with latest software and assets
• Investigate, log and resolve on-air discrepancies and where possible put safeguards in place to avoid any recurrence.
• Implementing high-priority, short-turnaround special projects including Brand Partnership and Marketing events.
• Participating in regular production calls to be aware of upcoming key promotables and to suggest opportunities to maximise broadcast graphics marketing potential.
• Attending project meetings and working with local and central teams and specialist freelance resources to deliver and launch new on-air toolkits (channel launches, rebrands, refreshes).
• In association with local teams, propose new innovative solutions for continuity usage based on market knowledge and competitors performance and suggest future software developments to keep Discovery at the cutting edge.
• Create name straps and navigational graphics to be implemented over live sports programming.
• Create toolboxes to control live graphics with button pushes.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
• Proven track record in a broadcast production environment
• Experience of using computer graphics systems specifically: Pixel Power Clarity, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe After Effects, Grass Valley's Vertigo, Any other broadcast graphics system a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure to a tight deadline
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly organized & methodical
• Team Player
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznv33-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.