Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
We are hiring a Senior Business Analyst in Bellevue, Washington to investigate, discover, and scale actionable insights that drive improvements across our food, home, and lifestyle products. The Senior Business Analyst will be an experienced analytics professional with proven track record in product analysis. They will use big data platforms and business intelligence tools to drive insights on product, customer and content. This senior business analyst will work closely with product, design, content, and marketing teams to develop insights that drive material improvements to benefit Discovery's customers.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate for translating data into relevant, actionable insights that produce great experiences for customers. This person will drive data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, and obsess about customers. This senior analyst takes end-to-end ownership of their assigned work and consistently delivers actionable results in a fast-paced environment.
• Inform business and product teams by defining core business health metrics, identifying deviation from expected trends and communicating the insights with simple and clear messaging
• Analyze metrics that inform the success of products, content and customer and enable business leaders to monitor the heath of products.
• Use quantitative analysis and data mining to understand user interactions direct-to-consumer products, its content and features.
• Identify the opportunities most important for product adoption, customer retention, engagement, and partner with product managers to drive hypothesis-testing.
• Design experiments to drive product improvement with iterative innovation and measurement.
• Translate business requirements to inform engineers on tagging and collecting new data elements.
• Degree in analytical or engineering or relevant field
• 4 years of experience in analytics field with strong attention to detail and at least 2 years of experience in conducting experiment analysis and applying statistical methods to draw inference
• Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex data from multiple sources, and designing large scale experiments
• Strong ability to extract insights from large data and communicate the findings in clear, concise and actionable manner.
• Demonstrated success in building self-service and repeatable business intelligent solutions.
• Strong experience in analytical tools, languages (SQL, Python, R, PHP) and distributed computing (Hive, Hadoop, Spark)
• Ability to translate business questions into analytics deliverables
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced environment with attention to detail, prioritize work based on business needs and project requirements.
• Experience with Adobe Analytics, Tableau, MS Power BI is a plus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.