Join Discovery's Advanced Analytics team whose mission is to be the best in class advanced TV team in the marketplace. It is our priority to be the experts on the use of advanced data for targeting and attribution. The analytics team is responsible for development and execution of cross-platform marketing programs built using advanced advertising techniques and created for National Advertisers across the entire Discovery portfolio, including our digital entities Discovery Go and Discovery+. This role will also have an opportunity to work on key initiatives across US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. This is a team of doers that empowers one another, approaches projects with optimism and purpose and challenges the status quo. We are seeking strategic visionaries, thinkers, and TV/digital lovers who want to be a part of crafting the future of television and entertainment.
• Provide Ad Sales support alongside Manager, Advanced Analytics for advanced targeting and post campaign analytics for all Discovery Engage clients (for TV and digital)
• Partner with Manager, Advanced Analytics and Ad Sales linear and digital teams to provide sound guidance to clients and agencies on advanced targeting data sources and methodologies; enable targets for planning team and optimization
• Assist in preparing the presentation of post-campaign results and insights grounded in campaign strategy and effectively ''tell a story'' with data for Ad Sales and advertising clients.
• Utilize a broad spectrum of analytic tools and databases to identify key metrics, trends and insights that effectively position Discovery ad products and services to clients
• Support the Manager, Advanced Analytics in external partner delivery timelines and operational workflows; review and QA incoming data sources to ensure they meet the requirements and are accurate
• Keep abreast of the rapidly evolving technologies and analytical methods in TV, mobile, and digital spaces with a thorough understanding of the media and advertising ecosystem and its key players
• BA/BS degree; concentration in business/marketing/advertising/communications preferred
• 1-2 years professional experience in media and/or advertising. Experience in TV or digital analytics and attribution a plus
• Understanding of data and measurement solutions within the advertising field, both on the buy and sell sides, including familiarity with 3rd party data providers
• Proficient in excel and data/analytical related programs or dashboards
• Ability to solve open-ended problems and drive them to completion
• Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit
• Presentation development, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills a must
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Ideal candidate will have most of the following qualifications:
• Experience positioning data for ad sales teams and clients; ability to ''tell a story'' with data
• Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on deadlines, contribute new ideas, and to think outside the box
• Entry level familiarity with traditional and advanced advertising operations and how ads are served and measured across media platforms, including digital
• Understanding of media planning basics, media math, and major players in media space
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, influence and work collaboratively
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22075-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.