Corporate Functions FP&A Analyst
About the team
To operate within the P2P team, responsible for timely and accurate recording and indexing of incoming supplier invoices and credit notes, maintaining adherence to process and providing reporting on all aspects of specific countries.
We offer 18-month emlpoyment contract with possibiity to extend.
About the role
• Ensure all incoming invoices and credit notes are captured in VIM (Vendor Invoice Management Programme) on a daily basis and accurately indexed with all header information daily.
• Match and post invoices against relevant PO's on a daily basis
• Post Non-PO invoices to SAP accurately and timely, ensuring proper approval authority is in place before invoices are posted
• Resolve queries from vendors and business users relating to invoices and payments, deliver high quality Customer service
• Ensure business users and vendors follow defined P2P processes for PO raising prior to invoice receipt, limited Non-PO invoices, support education of business users to follow correct procedure, firmly maintain baseline dating of invoices.
• Return invoices to vendors that do not conform to procedure, work with business users to ensure vendor communication on process is clear
• Update vendor details through SAP Fiori to ensure payments are made correctly
• Run weekly email logs to ensure no invoices have failed to come through the system
• Complete weekly payment runs and ad-hoc manual payments as required, ensure all invoices and payments conform to DOA policy
• Complete monthly balance sheets recs for accounts payable and Trade creditors as per month end timetable
• Reconciliation of balance accounts of Accounts Payable
• Meet regularly with business customers and users to review performance and drive improvement to processes
• Support Business projects with expert country knowledge as needed, support improvement initiatives and projects for countries supported
• Work collaboratively with Purchasing and Cash teams to improve processes and manage cash outflow
• Maintain process documentation/work instructions for countries supported, comply with SOX requirements
• M.in 1 year of experience in AP area
• University degree
• Fluent English
• Previous experience in Accounts Payable essential (1-2 years of experience)
• Knowledge of SAP is desireable
• Basic knowledge of tax requirements for AP invoices
• Communication skills (standard and regular exchange of information with Business and Other Teams, for example Cash, Master Data); Good understanding of cultural sensitivity and customer services ethics
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Attentive to details and able to work with deadlines with minimum supervision
• A flexible approach
• Must be able to work in a team and individually, good team player
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Possibility to work in an international company with friendly and supportive atmosphere
• Stable employment contract (18 months) with attractive benefits package
• Partial home office
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.