The position is responsible for supervising and ensuring the accuracy of overnight cleaning requirements for multiple venues across District Detroit.
• Responsible for the ensuring proper and efficient clean up of the facility after events by overseeing a third party contractor.
• Act as a lead post-events to ensure the facility is ready for the next day's event.
• Participate in preparing the facility for the next day's event by
• Operate heavy equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat, etc.) under OSHA specifications.
• Perform heavy lifting and maneuver office equipment, complete work orders.
• Perform repair and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching and equipment repair.
• Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly following reporting procedures.
• Participate in building maintenance and cleanup as required.
• Create documentation for all pertinent events and maintain daily log sheets.
• Stock and maintain supply room.
• Monitor fire suppression system.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent GED.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing informal work direction or performing in a lead capacity. Minimum of two (2) years of experience with general labor and/or operations experience.
• Knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversion, methods and techniques for maintaining the facility and proper use and care of equipment and tools.
• Ability to use heavy equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat etc. with precision and accuracy.
• Working knowledge of safety requirements, public facility/venue standards, building systems and infrastructure.
• Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Work effectively under pressure to meet business deadlines. Adaptable through change.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users.
• Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State OSHA regulations, safety practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards for public facilities.
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Certification to operate a forklift and man lift.
• Experience working within conversion and facility operations of a sports and entertainment venue.
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Exposure to high noise level.
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
• While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly exposed to a facility environment, outside weather conditions, extreme cold/heat, chemicals, electricity, moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places; and fumes or airborne particles.
• Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The colleague frequently is required to sit. The colleague is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Requires long periods of time on feet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb2w8o-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.