The Marketing Manager is responsible for strategy and execution for the marketing and organizational initiatives. This involves the development, implementation and execution of the organization's paid media, digital marketing and email strategies across its owned channels while coordinating all aspects of these initiatives. Other responsibilities include collaborating with ticket sales, marketing, corporate partnerships, business analytics and other business stakeholders to drive revenue and incorporate the brand essence with the ultimate goal of expanding and attracting new audiences.
• Develop strategic marketing plans and campaigns to meet organizational objectives focused on driving key performance metrics
• Work collaboratively cross departmentally to develop compelling marketing content that exudes Tigers brand essence, drives key message points, achieves desired goals and complements all marketing efforts consistently and cohesively
• Conceptualize and manage development of copy, video and digital content to support advertising campaigns to drive results and key performance metrics
• Work with MLB Performance Media Team to align advertising strategy and launch campaigns by delivering assets in a timely manner
• Work collaboratively with Tigers Business Analytics Team and MLB Performance Media team to measure performance, report, analyze and optimize campaigns
• Effectively manage marketing budget associated with advertising campaigns
• Place media buys for traditional media and execute paid and trade campaigns, content development, trafficking, tracking and reporting
• Serve as liaison with MLB Marketing team and Digital Producer to ensure efficient management of marketing initiatives on website, SMS/notifications, MLB Ballpark app updates and other digital initiatives
• Develop email strategy, report on performance and manage content to complement overall marketing plans across the organization
• Manage a variety of creative projects to support paid, owned and earned media efforts with a focus on creativity, effective messaging and deliverable and deadline management
• Manage creation and implementation of website content and ensure that all content is current, relevant and compelling; inclusive of copy, graphics, CTA, forms, ticket links
• Oversee all aspects of the MLB Ballpark app including UX, partner integrations, updates, marketing plan, enhancements, reporting
• Contribute to ideation, development, execution and reporting for sponsorable assets in collaboration with marketing and corporate partnerships teams
• Management and development of Marketing Coordinator
• Utilize project management tools to oversee multiple projects at a time with varying requirements and complexities
• Establish and manage project schedules to ensure deadlines are met
• Day-to-day tracking and reporting of marketing department budget, invoice and PO submissions and performance by a project
• Monitors customer insights to connect content with targeted audiences to grow the Tigers brand within general market and emerging audiences
• Track marketing, advertising, social media, technology and content trends and assist with developing strategic plans to proactively recommend and implement new ideas
• Assist Director of Marketing with strategy and execution of marketing and ticketing initiatives, promotions, giveaways, special events and fan engagement tools
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Undertake administration tasks as needed or directed
• All other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, business or related field
• Minimum three (3) years related experience
• Previous experience working in sports and/or with Major League Baseball a plus
• Must demonstrate extensive experience in marketing for a major brand with expertise in marketing planning and execution, copywriting, content development, advertising and brand advocacy.
• Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
• Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize
• Excellent logical reasoning, multi-tasking and analytical skills
• Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong initiative/self-motivated
• Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment and with a wide range of people
• Strong analytical skills are required with proven ability to gauge sentiment, impact and create recommendations to further growth and address insights.
• Must be a strong collaborator with good time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and communication skills in all channels and formats a requirement
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently to develop content.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of industries of focus or ability to learn quickly and resourcefully along with current events and trends.
• Google and Facebook Certifications a plus with demonstrated proficiency in Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn. Completion of courses/certifications a requirement.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of various Adobe software (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator) a plus.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Exposure to moderate noise level
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb9byy-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.