The Marketing Manager is responsible for strategy and team development for the marketing department's initiatives. This involves the development, implementation and execution of the organization's paid media, digital marketing and email strategies across its owned channels while coordinating all aspects of these initiatives. Other responsibilities include collaborating with sales, marketing, sponsorships and other business stakeholders to drive sales and the brand's ethos with the ultimate goal of expanding and creating new audiences.
• Lead marketing initiatives by translating strategic project objectives into impactful deliverables that maintain brand equity through quality
• Management and development of Marketing Coordinator
• Manage all projects from identification of need to implementation and evaluation
• Define and manage project management processes, standards, templates and best practices
• Utilize project management tools to oversee multiple projects at a time with varying requirements and complexities
• Resolve resource conflicts by prioritizing projects
• Establish and manage project schedules to ensure deadlines are met
• Serve as the liaison to requestors, identifying their marketing requirements, objectives and budget
• Interpret and represent all requests to the campaign planning team and assist with the formulation of strategies
• Represent the recommended marketing approach to the requestor
• Manage communication between the requestor and marketing team, route items for feedback and track all approvals
• Serves as primary liaison with MLB Regional Digital Producer to ensure efficient management of club related marketing initiatives on website and other digital initiatives
• Ensures website and other digital content are up to date with relevant information, dates, and photos
• Manage project schedules and budgets
• Day-to-day tracking and reporting of marketing department budget and performance by a project and overall basis
• Monitors customer insights to connect content with targeted audiences to grow the Tigers brand within general market and emerging audiences
• Stay abreast of online and traditional marketing best practices, trends and regulations and provide consultation
• Assists promotions department with creative development, procurement, bid analysis, tracking and distribution of club promotional items along with the creation of season long promotional giveaway calendar.
• Assist Vice President of Marketing with select projects, programs and initiatives.
Supplemental Job Functions:
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Undertake administration tasks as needed or directed
• All other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, business or related field
• Minimum three (3) years related experience preferably in an agency environment
• Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
• Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize
• Excellent logical reasoning, multi-tasking and analytical skills
• Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong initiative/self-motivated
• Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment and with a wide range of people
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
• Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Exposure to moderate noise level
• Frequent visual/auditory attention
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy2j0-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.