Overnight Operations Manager
The Detroit Tigers are currently seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer, with a back end focus, to join our software engineering team within Baseball Operations. You will work on applications that are used by front office personnel, coaches, and players to impact success across all levels of the organization. This position will report to the Director, Baseball Systems.
• Work with the engineering and data teams to design, develop and maintain internal software applications.
• Help define and build an efficient and effective software development ecosystem through the introduction/evolution of process and best practices.
• Write clean, concise, and efficient code across the entire stack, with a focus on the back end.
• Design and write tests.
• Troubleshoot and debug software issues as they arise.
• Support the integration of baseball analysis into our proprietary tools and applications.
• Other projects or responsibilities as directed by Baseball Operations leadership.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of professional experience developing web-based applications in a production environment.
• Ability to work across the stack, from back end to front end, with a focus on the back end.
• Professional experience in Java backend development or another object-oriented language.
• Strong fundamentals in of object-oriented programming and data structures.
• Demonstrated ability to design, develop and work with RESTful APIs.
• Experience working with medium-to-large-scale relational databases and SQL.
• Experience with DevOps practices and technologies (CI, CD, containers, etc.)
• Experience deploying and working with web applications in the cloud.
• Ability to work in all phases of the product lifecycle, including requirements-gathering, design, testing, and implementation.
• Eagerness and ability to learn new technologies as necessary.
• Experience embracing dynamic and diverse workloads.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Experience with Java and the Spring-boot framework.
• Experience with C#.
• Experience with Angular/AngularJS.
• Experience working with Azure.
• Experience in the sports industry or with sports data, specifically the sport of baseball, baseball-specific data, modern statistical techniques, and sabermetric analysis.
• Office environment.
• The location may be based in Detroit or fully remote.
• Occasional evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or nonessential requirements. Detroit Tigers, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt, or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy1wv-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.