The Detroit Tigers are currently seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our software engineering team within Baseball Operations. This role will be responsible for development and maintenance of software projects used by front office personnel, coaches, and players to impact success across all levels of the organization. This position will report to the Director, Baseball Systems.
1. Work with the engineering and data teams to design, develop and maintain internal software applications utilizing modern techniques and best practices.
2. Write clean, concise, and efficient code across the entire stack.
3. Design and write tests.
4. Troubleshoot and debug software issues as they arise.
5. Support the integration of baseball analysis into our proprietary tools and applications.
Other projects or responsibilities as directed by Baseball Operations leadership.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent experience.
2. 3+ years of experience developing web applications in a production environment.
3. Ability to work across the stack, from back end to front end – you don't have to be an expert at all layers, but you should have experience with each and be very good in at least one of them.
b. Professional experience in Java backend development (or another object-oriented language).
4. Experience working with large-scale relational databases using SQL.
5. Ability to work in all phases of the product lifecycle, including requirements-gathering, design, testing, and implementation.
6. Eagerness and ability to learn new technologies as necessary.
7. Experience embracing dynamic and diverse workloads.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Experience with Angular/AngularJS.
2. Experience with Java and the Spring-boot framework.
3. Experience working on cloud-based software systems and platforms (e.g. Azure).
5. Understanding of User Experience principles and practices.
6. Experience in the sports industry or with sports data, specifically the sport of baseball, baseball-specific data, modern statistical techniques, and sabermetric analysis.
2. The location may be based in Detroit or fully remote.
Occasional evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or nonessential requirements. Detroit Tigers, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt, or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmj6xv-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.