Director, Digital Content & Social Media Strategy
DC seeks a Manager, Global Franchise Management for the Global Franchise Management department.
DC, a WarnerMedia Company, creates iconic characters, enduring stories, and immersive experiences that inspire and entertain audiences of every generation around the world and is one of the world's largest publishers of comics and graphic novels. As a creative division, DC is charged with strategically integrating its stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, interactive games, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE digital subscription service and community engagement portal. For more information visit dccomics.com and dcuniverseinfinite.com.
DC Global Franchise Management is charged to set branding standards, identify and prioritize franchises to align with strategic opportunities across the company, establish and ensure the values of the brand and franchises are upheld across consumer touch points, and support key DC initiatives.
The Manager, Global Franchise Management is responsible for collaborating with teams to build the DC brand and franchises business and fandom, develop toolkit elements, and manage day-to-day marketing approvals.
The position requires strong written and verbal communication and liaising with internal and external parties, including but not limited to DC, Research & Insights, as well as WarnerMedia teams in Studio and Networks and Territories. A successful individual is an innovative thinker with strong project management and team building skills.
The Manager, Global Franchise Management is a valuable resource for all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the consistent execution of brand expression and marketing initiatives, in keeping with the essence of the brand and franchise values.
• Acts as the Brand and Franchise steward.
• Supports the creation of Brand and Franchise toolkit elements and owns the maintenance of several including but not limited to brand integrated calendars, franchise guidelines, translations, etc.
o Provide input to programming workstream based in addition to managing the brand integrated calendar.
• Provides guidance and manage approvals of materials submitted for review, ensuring activations adhere to brand and franchise guidelines and values, in partnership with other stakeholders.
• Works closely with DC teams to support activation of strategies and marketing programs.
• Manages key initiatives, projects and analysis to support brand, franchise, and company priorities.
• Partner with local market teams to ensure alignment with brand and franchise priorities and support local initiatives, including reviewing proposals and marketing assets.
• Builds relationships within DC as well as with Business Units and Territories including but not limited to WB Consumer Products, WB Theatrical, WB Home Entertainment, WB Interactive Entertainment, Warner Animation Group, Warner Bros. Animation, Cartoon Network Studios, Publicity & Communications, etc.
• Analyzes consumer insights to inform Brand and Franchise planning in collaboration with Research & Insights team.
• Shares best practices with partners.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• 4 year college degree required.
• Bachelor's degree with coursework in business/marketing required. MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years brand marketing experience required.
• Experience with a movie studio and/or entertainment field preferred.
• Experience with Comics, Consumer Products, Video/Mobile Games a plus.
• Knowledge of the DC brand, franchises, characters, and stories. Affinity and knowledge of comics and the superhero/action genre (across all media) a plus.
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and remotely (e.g., telepresence, video conference, etc.).
o Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, and excellent judgment. Able to work effectively with senior level executives.
o Proven track-record in communicating and building consensus with all levels of staff, internal divisions, and external stakeholders.
• Proven success in cross-divisional, synergistic roles with multiple stakeholders required.
• Must have sound understanding of strategy development, marketing principles and brand management.
• Experience working with international teams.
• Knowledge of digital platforms and media marketing tools.
• Experience with consumer research and analysis a plus.
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong ability to analyze data and provide recommendations based on insights.
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity that sparks communication, collaboration, and innovation.
• Highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize large volume of projects, set and manage deadlines, and a self-starter.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and productive demeanor.
• Must have the ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive information and materials.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, required. Keynote and Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, a plus.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7n0k-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.