Director / Lead, FP&A
DC seeks a Finance Lead, FP&A. The Finance Lead, FP&A will lead the business unit's Financial Planning & Reporting functions. This position will drive planning activities in alignment with DC's operational calendar, as well as oversee finance activities & analyses in support of DC's growth strategies.
• Establish and communicate annual planning roadmap.
• Identify and drive financial analyses needed to supporting planning activities.
• Direct the development & consolidation of BU's worldwide financial plans, including: long range plans, annual budgets, rolling forecasts, and cash & capital budgets.
• Partner and iterate with Business Leads on revenue forecasts and cost assumptions. Plan and lead cross-department working sessions to develop plans.
• Consolidate detailed revenue and expense projections and submit all plan cycle deliverables to Corporate Finance; Serve as primary liaison to Corporate Finance for queries related to each planning cycle.
• Revise forecasts based on actuals and changes in the business landscape.
• Drive development of BU financial objectives and KPIs. Create process to monitor and report.
• Present plans to Studio & Networks and DC senior management.
• Direct all aspects of the consolidation of the BU's worldwide financial results for reporting to Studio & Networks and DC senior executives. Design and develop management reports.
• Design and direct financial close & reporting process within DC and interaction with other business units and corporate services providers based on Corporate Finance guidelines and accountability requirements.
• Manage GL account review for all P&L and Balance Sheet activities and ensure proper validations are in place. Ensure procedures are also in place at Corporate partners (GBS and FCRA).
• Evaluate & report actual BU performance against financial plans. Partner with Business Leads to explain variances to budgets and develops plan to achieve divisional profit goals.
• Prepare and lead financial close meeting presentations and review representation letter for SVP in quarterly reviews with Corporate Finance heads
• Oversee monitoring of DC performance against budget and targets. Develop approach, analytics and pace of review. Establish interim outlooks based on business knowledge and collaboration with other departments.
• Partner with Business Leads to drive Quarterly Business Reviews.
• Oversee processes, procedures and controls to ensure accuracy of financial reports and analyses. Activity includes establishing monthly account reviews, key performance metrics, redundant quality controls.
• Oversees the development and training for all financial processe
• Develop key department priorities and operational roadmap to ensure staff is ready and able to meet changing business needs. Identify areas of training and development for staff.
• Develop and/or maintain documentation and training material for Financial Planning & Analysis.
• Develop analyses to support business activities for BU senior executives, including sales performance, market / industry analyses and project greenlights
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business or related field required
• CPA and/or MBA required Minimum 10 years of experience in financial systems, accounting and finance required
• Big 4 public accounting or comparable consulting firm experience preferred
• Experience with accounting, tax and business issues required
• Experience leading and building high performing teams
• Entertainment and/or publishing industry experience preferred
• Must demonstrate high judgement and autonomy; leads with enthusiasm and is a strategic thinker
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
• Financial Systems Skills: ERP (SAP or Oracle) experience required
• PC Skills: Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint required
• Knowledge of MS Project, PowerPoint, SQL and/or Visio required
• Presentation skills required
• Must be able to develop and implement projects
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally