The CW is looking for a Manager of Engineering/IT Services. They will provide support to CW Network employees in a highly complex technical environment. This individual will respond to requests for assistance via telephone calls, chat, email messages, and a self-service ticket portal while evaluating and resolving problems. When necessary, they will coordinate solutions with a variety of other Technology support staff including Broadcast Engineering. This position provides support and administration to various system components including Windows/Mac, mobile devices, and other software products such as Active Directory, Exchange, Office, VPN, Workday, SharePoint as well as Broadcasting and Post Production applications including Adobe Products and AVID. This role requires a working knowledge of our solutions and custom integrations. This position is expected to preform deep dives, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
This role will act as primary onsite IT support for incidents and requests. Involvement in department projects and hardware or software roll outs, as well as assistance with Audio/Visual is required. While the primary role is IT, this individual is a technical expert for this location, and may need to manage tasks beyond only IT support.
This position will include some overtime, after hours on call rotations, and working some holidays in order to provide 24x7x365 support to our employees.
• Provide first/second level technical support for CW/Nexstar Media's Technology systems.
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, ticket portal, and in-person requests for assistance from employees experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
• Assists Users and collects information while leading Users through diagnostic procedures and resolution.
• Follows up on routine and complex user problems. Refers problems to appropriate support groups only when necessary.
• Issues computers and telephone equipment to new hires, and hardware refreshes.
• Oversee conference room AV equipment to ensure quality and a consistent user experience.
• Assists with the installation and configuration of software remotely or in person.
• Write or revise user/staff training manuals, procedures and documentation.
• Provide daily/weekly status reports on open issues for various support groups.
• Maintains a strong working knowledge of supported systems and integrations and continually strives to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading, and project participation.
• Provides support in planning, and improvement initiatives.
• Make recommendations for improving service levels and procedures.
• Assess priorities and determine the urgency factor and escalate critical problems.
• Assists Broadcast Engineering with the post production systems, software and cable management
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training in a computer related field of study; A+, Network+, MCSE or other appropriate technical certification a plus.
• Must possess strong customer service skills; desktop technical support and/or analysis experience strongly preferred.
• General understanding of Local Area and Wide Area; Networks and Wireless.
• Proficiency working with a variety of operating systems, including Apple.
• Broad understanding of PC hardware and software, including desktop management tools, application configurations and cloud-based technologies.
• General understanding of MS Active Directory and Exchange.
• Basic knowledge of software applications used at CW Network/Nexstar Media Group
• Good knowledge of audio and video conferencing, and management of complex equipment used in video conferences.
• Good analytical skills and problem-solving abilities; demonstrated commitment to assuming responsibility and assuring appropriate, speedy follow-through.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
• Ability to organize, schedule and complete multiple tasks concurrently.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to travel for work on rare occasions is helpful.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-changing work environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as required.
• Must be able to work on site as users will need help in person. This is not a work from home position.
• Maintain stability of performance under pressure; demonstrate patience and control when dealing with difficult situations.
• Ability to research and resolve problems using knowledgebase and other available resources.
• $90k -100k/yr commensurate with experience and skill levels.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqej6m-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.