Senior Product Manager, Data & Marketing Technology
The CW is both a top broadcast TV network in the US and a fast-growing, ad-supported streaming service. With a network that reaches 100% of US television households and a streaming footprint on all major platforms, The CW reaches audiences at scale on both linear and digital television. The CW streaming service is available for free to consumers and is home to the latest episodes and seasons of The CW's primetime programming, live streaming of CW Sports content, and a library of entertaining film and television content for on-demand viewing. The CW is 75%-owned by Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXST), a leading diversified media company and the largest CW affiliate group.
As the Director of Merchandis ing/Editorial for The CW, you will be a part of the team responsible for championing a data-driven approach to editorial and merchandising content viewing in-app, developing frameworks and benchmarks for assessing performance, and providing insights and recommendations to leadership to influence decision making. This role requires a high level
of collaboration with partners across the CW – the right person for this role is the kind of person who focuses on details, thrives in ambiguity, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges.
• Evaluate, inform and improve the
optimiz ation of the streaming service and show performance.
• Create the
optimal way for editorial activities to live alongside machine learning algorithms to drive personalization of our service for each user.
• Partner with marketing to drive ultimate success of the service.
• Work with metadata to
optimize content discovery.
• Implements all changes weekly in partnership with tooling, product and engineering.
• Analyzes data to build business recommendations utilizing metrics, dashboards, and tools to understand performance.
• Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, making recommendations about how content performance should impact
• Collaborate with all other CW teams include analytics, marketing, product , UX and more to implement any content and UI needs.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in editorial/merchandising roles .
• Proven experience in implementing data-driven content UIs .
• Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to mentor and develop team members.
• Highly organized with a high attention to detail.
• Exceptional analytical skills with a focus on data-driven decision making.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of effectively conveying complex ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Experience in managing a wide array of analytics and p assionate about problem solving .
• Innovative, creative, resourceful and accountable .
• Ability to solve problems creatively and adapt to changing business needs.
• Passionate about TV, movies, and/or sports
• $140 - $150/yr commensurate with experience and skill levels.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7oe8p-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.