Analyst, Business Insights
New York, NY
The Crown Publishing Group is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic Associate Director of Marketing to join the Crown and Currency imprints. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a rapidly expanding, upmarket commercial fiction program, as well as Crown's bestselling, critically acclaimed nonfiction list which includes titles in the current affairs, social justice, politics, history, business, and memoir categories. Notable Crown authors include President Barack Obama, former First Lady Michelle Obama, Rachel Maddow, Erik Larson, Eddie S. Glaude Jr., Matthew McConaughey, Gillian Flynn, Krysten Ritter, Timothy Snyder, and Matthew Desmond. The ideal candidate will have experience creating and executing innovative consumer-facing campaigns, and will excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This position reports to the VP, Director of Marketing.
• Works closely with the publishing team to envision, communicate, and implement creative, data-driven, results-oriented campaigns across the list
• In partnership with publishing and using analytics resources, clearly identifies potential audiences for a publication and helps positions titles to sales and in the marketplace
• Drives and conducts outreach to reach target audiences, engaging with social media influencers, organizations, book clubs , and potential partners
• High-touch author care and attentive communication with authors and agents
• Works with authors on social media and digital strategies, crafting social copy and developing creative activations
• Participates in and contributes marketing perspective at key internal and external meetings with editors, sales, authors, and agents
• Identifies opportunities for enhancing and improving both imprint campaigns and departmental best practices--new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, trends, etc.
• Fluency in key marketing concepts and tools, including consumer insights, sales analysis, budgeting, social media marketing, and email
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as with social media tracking and analytical tools
• A growth mindset committed to a creative and entrepreneurial approach to publishing
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in marketing or a related field
• Experience working with sensitive material and high profile authors
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as experience presenting in front of large groups
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• A motivated self-starter, strategic thinker and team player
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $97,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results. Please include a cover letter with your résumé.
This is a hybrid position with in-office responsibilities. We will consider candidates who can work from a commutable distance to our offices at 1745 Broadway, which includes the tri-state area (NJ, CT, & PA).
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xppx-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.