WarnerMedia seeks a UX Researcher for the CNN Digital Research department. CNN Audio launched in January 2020, and is home to a rapidly growing portfolio of popular podcasts, including The Axe Files, Politically Sound, and Silence is Not an Option. It is a small team that takes the marriage of content, product, and audience strategy seriously. CNN Audio's work is informed by data, and the team gathers listener feedback at every stage of development. That research is used to work iteratively with producers on the development of new shows and products.
The UX Researcher will be responsible for leading a user-first approach to podcast and product development strategy with the CNN Audio Team (incl. CNNE and HLN).
This will include working with the Senior Research Manager and Design Strategist in running development sprints, leveraging quantitative research such as digital analytics and surveys and conducting qualitative research such as user interviews and diary studies. We are looking for individuals who will use the right methodology for the right question.
• Attend editorial meetings and editorial/product development sprints to help inform survey strategy
• Design, build and publish a variety of studies including usability tests, listener surveys for existing shows, pilot tests for shows in development, and more. This will inclulde working with the CNNE team on Spanish-language projects.
• Own the user interview process from screening participants to scheduling interviews; assist the Design Strategist in developing the interview guide and conducting interviews
• Manage Listener Panel: Work with audio team to offer exclusives and other ''rewards'', be in communication with panelists about show launches as well as opportunities to participate in research
• Monitor and report on performance of existing and new shows leveraging CNN's suite of analytics and syndicated tools.
• Analyze a variety of inputs including analytics, survey results, user behavior, and other data to craft actionable and unbiased recommendations in a clear, digestible format
• 2+ years of experience in user experience (UX) research (ex. surveys, usability testing, moderated interviews) and UX research software with UserZoom and UserInterviews being preferred
• 1+ years experience creating reports with analytics software; Adobe Reporting (Omniture) and OmnyStudio preferred
• A genuine interest and knowledge of the media and digital industry landscape, particularly podcasts/audio
• Solid project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects, prioritize and consistently deliver on time.
• Ability to work on a team in a fast pace environement with strong problem solving skills
• Experience with development sprints or agile design thinking a plus but not required.
• Fluency in Spanish a plus but not required.