Los Angeles, CA
The UX Researcher is responsible for exploring insights about users through a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, data analysis, usability studies, diary studies, and ethnographic observation, or new methods. UX Researchers own the research process from screening participants and defining test plans to analyzing data and synthesizing result in a fast-paced environment.
We seek individuals who have a combination of online consumer product expertise, data literacy, content development and a growth mindset. We are seeking individuals with a mixed-methods background (comfortable with qualitative and quantitative methods) who will design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right question.
• The UX Researcher will create and execute research plans, choosing the best methodology (qualitative or quantitative) and partnering with UX designers, product leads and other stakeholders to set the research vision and roadmap.
• Conduct competitive/market analysis to identify audience segments and develop user journeys that reflect the needs and pain points of those segments.
• Choose and define appropriate metrics that reflect the quality of the user experience, as well the impact of design changes.
• Effectively communicate methodologies and be able to take a variety of inputs including analytics, survey results, user behavior, and other data to craft actionable and unbiased recommendations.
• 3 or more years of experience as a UX researcher or research analyst; internships or graduate level work considered in lieu of experience
• Background in Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology or Social Sciences preferred
• Proficient in Excel, usability study software, and/or statistical research software.
• Knowledge of user experience and user research methodology and theory.
• Passionate about research methodology in general. Good understanding of statistics and analytics.
• Strong problem-solving aptitude and a natural curiosity for how experiences come together.
• Strong communication and presentation skills; experience presenting complex ideas to colleagues in compelling and actionable ways
• This position is flexible on location with ability to travel as needed.
• Must be comfortable in a fast-moving collaborative organization.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vz5x-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.