WarnerMedia News & Sports brings together all of WarnerMedia's live programming and best-in-class digital properties. From CNN Worldwide providing news and information services to more than 2 billion people, in more than approximately 200 countries and territories, to Turner Sports leading the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens, there's no limit to the reach you can have working here.
This year, Turner Sports and National Hockey League announced a seven-year multimedia rights agreement beginning with the 2021-22 season. Fans will be able to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final and Stanley Cup Playoffs on TNT and TBS for the first time, along with 72 regular season games and the NHL Winter Classic each season. With this new partnership, Turner Sports and Bleacher Report will continue to provide premium content across multiple screens for fans to enjoy.
This Tech Ops Manager will oversee the coordination of all technical facilities, equipment procurement and logistics as well as creating and disseminating strategic technical documents needed for the successful execution of remote and studio-based productions. This position will work in a collaborative manner with Turner Sports' Production Management and Remote Operations teams. Position requires 30% travel. Nights and weekend hours on a seasonal basis
• Leads the planning and set up of all broadcast (and digital) productions for one or more of Turner Sports major properties as it relates to the technical operation. Develops schedules, operational and transmission plans while executing production requirements for regular season, Playoff's and special events.
• Manages the development and implementation of efficient workflows and processes to meet production needs. Collaborates with vendors, equipment manufacturers' and technology groups on innovations, new developments and problem resolutions.
• Prepares financial estimates and budgets for all aspects of Technical Operations including facility, equipment and logistical estimates for remote and co-productions.
• On-site technical operational oversight at tent pole events and other remote productions where additional support is required.
• Work with Technical Operation Coordinator to insure efficient and successful logistics planning for all required facilities, rental equipment and Turner-owned assets.
• Maintain and manage relationships with internal Turner groups (i.e. WMS engineering, Tech Ops, BIT, etc.) and external facilities and equipment vendors.
• Attend and participate in industry events and learning opportunities. Pursuit of knowledge of latest technical trends and innovations. (i.e. NAB, SVG events, Manufacturer webinars, etc.)
• 5+ years of broadcast remote operations experience (preferably network level) in a coordination or supervisory role
• ''Live'' sports remote production experience and thorough technical understanding of production intricacies
• 5+ years of remote production budget preparation or financial forecasts
• Must be a TEAM PLAYER who is highly organized, efficient, able to multi-task and a STRONG communicator.
• College Degree w/ studies in television production, digital media, communications or similar
• Understanding of nuances of a remote production and the on-site technical operation
• Remote Production Technical operation supervisory role
• Knowledge of remote production facilities and equipment vendors
• Working knowledge of NHL, NBA and MLB remote production requirements and operational needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5191-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.