Manager, Data Engineering
Warner Bros. Discovery
New York, NY
Staff Product Manager - Core Performance and Ad Experience (PAX)
WarnerMedia seeks a Staff Product Manager, Core Experiences for the Core Performance and Ad Experience team
Join CNN as Staff Product Manager in the Performance and Ad Experience (PAX) squad, which is part of the Core XP team responsible for the user experiences that engages CNN users all over the world. Our mission is to deliver respectful and relevant ad experiences that engage, are worthy of a user's attention and reflect the trust CNN readers have in our brand.
In this role you will strategize, build and support ad experiences that deliver value to customers as they engage across CNN Digital web and app platform. You will work closely with your cross-functional partners in sales, business development, operations and product on revenue strategies and new monetization opportunities, then bring these strategies to life with your engineering and design partners.
Your users are internal stakeholders, external advertisers and CNN users. You will balance their needs to provide elegant solutions that reflect the CNN brand and content. You will build relationships across CNN product teams to champion ad experiences across digital products and partner with Warner Bros. Discovery Ad Product Teams on shared ad technologies and capabilities, including ad servers, 1st party data and contextual targeting. You will track success through and use a data-driven approach toward optimization, prioritization and innovation.
Our mission is to create an experience where anyone can effortlessly access the important news of the day and enjoy the robust content library CNN has to offer. This is a great role for you if you are passionate about solving complex problems that results in simple, yet effective user experiences.
You're a great fit if you:
• Have strong expertise in the online media domain for an ad-supported brand.
• Experience with a variety of advertising formats and technology for web and app platforms.
• Knowledge of common advertising terminology, concepts, and practices for content sponsorships, programmatic and direct advertising and business development partnerships.
• Are comfortable working with a large set of stakeholders and groups.
• Can define long term holistic strategies and break them into short term achievable objectives.
• And have experience in utilizing product analytics & user research to refine & validate hypotheses & decisions.
• Working closely with internal teams across CNN and Warner Bros Discovery to lead product development of a best in class Ad experience
• Help develop a unified revenue growth strategy across CNN digital products; create, manage and socialize the strategy via presentations and an ad experiences roadmap
• Lead product development of revenue related features, discover revenue growth opportunities and deliver experiences that enables those opportunities to become a reality
• Evaluate revenue experiences, assessing the benefits and impact to the user, ensuring a seamless and great user experience that meets CNN brand standards
• Triage issues, field requests and manage internal ad experiences feedback
• Outline clear OKRs and test/rollout plans, report on post-launch performance, revenue and engagement metrics, learnings and next steps
• Partner with a variety of cross-functional partners and stakeholders, negotiate timelines and deliverables, and manage trade-offs.
• Partner with other product managers and stakeholders to align priorities and dependencies.
• Leverage A/B testing to validate and optimize.
• Communicate vision and status to ensure proper expectations and awareness are in place.
• Be the subject matter expert in media ad experiences and the competitive landscape; identify opportunities to challenge the status quo and innovate to make CNN a leader in this space.
• 8 years of professional experience, a with a minimum 5 years of Product Management experience
• Full product ownership on ad-supported consumer-facing products and 3+ years direct experience building ad experiences
• Experience in data driven decision making product frameworks
• Experience working in cross functional pods
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of managing various stakeholders
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $137,200.00 - $254,800.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebn41-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $137,200 to $254,800 Per Year ($ USD)