A Staff Engineer is a technical lead within the organization. He/she is an individual contributor, self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision, and is typically expected to take on the most difficult technical challenges. The Staff Engineer will lead the technical direction, supporting the Principal Engineers/Architects in defining the technology strategy and implementation. He/she will provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems while working in a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment.
The Staff Mobile DevOps Engineer drives CNN's end to end mobile app development lifecycle from build through production release to consumer app stores. He/she will be responsible for implementing industry DevOps best practices, developing CI/CD pipelines to support CNN's iOS and Android apps, drive technology and automation tooling decisions, as well as oversee code releases. The DevOps engineer is expected to be hands on with coding/scripting as necessary. He/she partners with Product, Design and Delivery Leaders to help teams deliver on product initiatives and operational execution.
• Architect and build intuitive, simple and elegantly designed mobile DevOps pipelines and processes to support and delight developers
• Work with multiple departments, including Product, Design, Delivery, Editorial and Engineering to support the implementation and release of CNN Digital consumer experience solutions and apps
• Assist with troubleshooting production problems, root cause analysis, and debugging
• Migration/transition and maintenance of existing production tools and pipelines supporting CNN's digital ecosystem
• Mentor more junior engineers
• Ensure software development follows industry best practices, policies and guidelines. Specifically, ensuring that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital strategy, standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement
• Troubleshoot build/system agent, tooling, and monitoring issues
• BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
• Minimum 8 years professional development/engineering experience
• Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and solution/resolution skills
• Strong foundation in mobile software development life-cycle technology, processes, and tools. Specifically
• Container Orchestration – Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, or equivalent
• Infrastructure as Code - Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation/CDK
• Source Code Management - Git/GitHub
• Configuration Management - AWS OpsWorks, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, or equivalent
• Continuous Integration, Jenkins and/or GitHub Actions
• Continuous Monitoring, ELK Stack, BigPanda, CloudwWatch, DataDog, or equivalent
• Continuous Testing - Appium/Selenium, AWS Device Farm, BrowserStack
• Deployment and Release – Fastlane, TestFlight, AppCenter
• App Management – AppStore Connect, Google Play Console
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke3z4-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.