The CNN Core Revenue team is hiring a Full Stack Staff Engineer to join the team and drive the technical development of several exciting and challenging projects. The Core Revenue team is focused on goals that drive growth on CNN.com. We seek to understand our customers better so we can make strategic decisions to create a personalized experience that will drive our customers next click on CNN.com. The Staff Engineer will help drive the technical approach and development of new products while gathering metrics that will inform new opportunities for the organization.
• Drive technical implementation for new products on CNN, including optimizing the User Experience on CNN, performance marketing and ads related opportunities, A|B tests, instrumentation and analytics.
• Code! Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Lead code reviews and champion best coding practices on the team, including semantic and accessible markup, unit testing, and documentation.
• Work closely with Product and Technology partners in the organization to break up individual tasks and sequence development delivery.
• Partner with the CNN Consumer Science to inform and implement A|B tests for research experiments.
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 8+ years of relevant experience.
• Expert level working with modern cloud and infrastructure technologies, such as AWS offerings, Serverless, Terraform, Snowflake and MixPanel.
• Ability to articulate technical solutions and product ideas through effective utilities: documentation, diagrams, project plans, story-boarding.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Agile processes and ceremonies.
• Stay abreast with industry trends and announcements. Understand how changes can impact our business and raise concerns and/or propose solutions to mitigate.
• A passion to grow professionally. Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback.
The Nice to Haves
• API's and backend server technologies exposure.
• Experience with Infrastructure and CI/CD (Code Pipeline, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins).
• Operational excellence. Familiar and proactive with Emergency Response plans, RCAs, Post Mortems.
• Active in the technology community.
• Experience with interviewing and talent acquisition.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7kve-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.