Sr Staff Software Engineer, CNN+ Connected TV Devices (React Native)
CNN+ will launch in Q1 2022, bringing exciting new premium CNN streaming content directly to CNN superfans. The 10-foot viewing experience is a critical part of the CNN+ product offering.
As a Staff Software Engineer, CNN+ Connected TV Devices, you will lead the technical effort to build out world-class connected TV streaming video applications, using React Native, across an ever-growing number of devices and platforms, in order to bring CNN+ to our users!
In this role, you'll set the short and long term technical direction for a team of engineers, and ensuring that direction meets business and product needs. This involves everything from working with product, design, and research to define realistic product roadmaps, to mapping product features to well-scoped technical projects, to guiding the rest of the engineering team through implementation. To do this successfully, you'll need to have strong technical and non-technical communication skills, and deep knowledge of the full connected TV app development lifecycle. You will also need to make reasoned, deliberate tradeoffs between short term delivery concerns and long term maintainability.
As a technical leader on the team, you'll ensure the team is following high quality software engineering practices - continuous integration, effective test coverage, automated testing, positive and constructive code reviews, and low friction development environments.
In addition to technical leadership, you'll be expected to make significant direct contributions to the project. You'll be writing and shipping code, performing code reviews, and documenting technical designs on a daily basis.
• Lead technical design and discovery activities within your team to support product roadmap definition.
• Lead discussions, create documentation, or create work tickets to ensure other engineers on the team have enough detail, context, and direction on their current and future projects to make progress autonomously.
• Make significant, high quality code contributions to the project.
• Lead or contribute to high level planning, roadmap definition, and architecture design with teams across the organization.
• Provide technical mentorship to other engineers - provide positive, constructive code reviews; teach engineering best practices and debugging techniques; give pointers to educational resources; etc.
• Significant experience in building, testing, shipping, and maintaining React Native applications on connected TVs or mobile apps.
• Demonstrated success in designing and practicing sustainable software engineering practices that promote high quality products and developer efficiency.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience in effectively communicating with a wide range of technical and non-technical job functions within an organization
• Demonstrated success in working with a team to deliver high quality software in an iterative, predictable, and sustainable way.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience developing an application in a resource constrained environment (e.g limited GPU, CPU, Memory)
• Demonstrated success in rapidly learning new technologies, languages, or frameworks
• Experience with the You.i Engine
• Experience with Typescript, C++
• Passionate about performance and creating amazing experiences for CNN+ users
WarnerMedia welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk0bj-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.