New York, NY
CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it's diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.
CNN Audio creates and distributes all audio content, including original podcast, news briefing and showcasts for CNN Worldwide.
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Staff, Product Management for the CNN Audio, Product department.
As a Senior Staff, Product Management, you will be a member of the world class CNN Digital Product Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe. The Audio Senior Staff, Product Management is an experienced product professional who will work with other product managers, designers and developers to create new, and improve existing products that anticipate and exceed the needs of consumers while contributing to the achievement of CNN Worldwide's business goals. CNN Audio includes Podcasts, live streams, live events and more. Quite simply, you are the go-to product expert with deep understanding of all the facets of your product including, design, technology, and industry trends.
• Lead Product Management for CNN Podcasts and Audio.
• Work within audio product team to develop and launch new product experiences.
• Work alongside content production team to develop, launch and market new podcasts.
• Work alongside Design Strategy and Research to understand user needs, trends and expectations.
• Promote audio content externally as well as internally.
• Establish program and project goals, helping to identify and mitigate risks, tracing progress, resolving conflicts, ensuring quality, and reporting on status.
• Ensure clear communication and expectations by partnering with Design Strategy and Technology staff, stakeholders, peers, product operations, and multi-disciplinary teams (from technical to creative).
• Partner with various stakeholders to help define and determine the product and content vision and roadmap.
• Advocate for the consumer.
• Gather, prioritize, and document product requirements from cross-functional teams and stakeholders on multiple business levels.
• Manage and/or facilitate the trade-off process during requirement definition and reviews to ensure releases are delivered against established, prioritized company business goals.
• Typically has 8 or more years of experience with 3 or more years of management experience.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous initiatives to successful completion.
• Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into action.
• Understanding of digital media business and operations
• Experience with large consumer-facing digital product.
• Demonstrated success working within a highly matrixed organization.
• Results-oriented with ability to bridge the gap between business and technical stakeholders to effectively and efficiently execute and deliver on a product roadmap.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and high ethical values.