Sr Product Designer, Digital Core
As a Senior Staff Product Designer you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Senior Staff Product Designer collaborates with other product designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists to build and grow CNN Digital product experiences that help inform & engage our users and impact CNN's bottom line. This role is specifically focused on CNN's DTC mobile app experience.
• Oversees and executes across all phases of the design process, from conception to implementation, including-but not limited to-wireframing, prototyping and visual design
• Leads multiple large-scale, highly strategic projects
• Acts as a thought leader among the design department, providing a clear vision for the future of design and demonstrates an ability to implement forward-thinking design
• Plans and executes user-research and gathers qualitative data to help build hypothesis and design recommendations
• Builds relationships & collaborates with internal stakeholder leads (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Research, etc.) to ensure consistency with broader Product goals and company objectives
• Expert-level understanding and application of internal design processes
• Proactively identifies and provides thoughtful solutions to complex design problems
• Provides structured mentorship for other Designers, including technical training and coaching
• Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions
• 12+ years professional experience, preferably as a Product Designer
• Bachelor's Degree in Design or a related field preferred
• Deep knowledge of Product Design across major app platforms (iOS, Android)
• Expert-level knowledge of product design conventions including navigation, typography, layout, visual hierarchy, interaction, and usability
• Expertise in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and other design tools
• Proactive collaborator and communicator, experienced in working within cross-functional teams
• Proven track record of self-direction and follow-through
• Rigorous attention to detail and consistency
• Provides leadership in the face of ambiguity and change during a project
• Strong workshop and facilitation skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p627-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.