As a Sr Staff Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Sr Staff Product Designer, CNN Digital Mobile Apps, is a seasoned user experience designer with a passion for defining the future of news consumption on a mobile device. They are someone who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, and who is excited to work with other product designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists in order to achieve success. They will be responsible for building and growing CNN Digital mobile app experiences that help inform & engage our users.
• You will help drive the native app design vision, advocate for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, awareness at scale, and establish a highly collaborative workflow.
• You deeply understand the strategies involved in native app design, and how to find the balance between user goals and business objectives.
• You will advocate for new ideas with ability to execute both thoughtful UX and intuitive UI design.
• You possess the ability to create multiple concepts and understand when to deploy the right level of design fidelity for the appropriate user validation approach.
• You embody a user-first, team-first mentality, and are constantly looking for ways to create world class product experiences.
• Comfort and familiarity with digital transformation will be required.
• Drive & execute on CNN's mobile app design efforts to create an engaging and enjoyable new experience across our platforms.
• Identify opportunities to leverage data and prototypes to support user needs and business rationale.
• Employ user research, and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and promote new businesses.
• Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company.
• Strive to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies, that bridges the mobile app experience with the web and OTT experiences.
• Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions, with an emphasis on native app experiences that engage and retain users.
• 12+ years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer.
• At least 6 years focused on mobile app design.
• Mastery in UX software such as Sketch, Figma etc.
• Prototyping skills a plus
• Foundational understanding HTML and CSS.
• Exceptional track record to execute on product design strategy, mentor designers, and partner with cross-functional team members.
• Experience building world class product experiences and streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nnx6-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.