WarnerMedia seeks a CNN Digital Sr Software Engineer – Business for the Engineering department.
• Contribute to the architecture and implementation of frontend experiences and backend logic for consumer-facing and editorial workflows
• Contribute to the code/architecture reviews and champion best practices for the organization by defining and evolving engineering standards.
• Stay abreast with industry trends and announcements. Understand how changes can impact our business and raise concerns and/or propose solutions to mitigate.
• Code! Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Fail up, learn from research and experiments and ultimately choose the best solution to succeed the company objectives.
• Follow a progressive development methodology, moving from proofs of concept to prototypes to production releases.
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
• Proven record of driving initiatives which involve changes in the engineering culture through evangelism and structured processes
• Ability to review company goals and lead towards success, through discussion with engineering peers, proposals, and ultimately breaking down the solution into meaningful tasks to execute or delegate to the team
• Expert level working with modern engineering/testing technologies
• Expertise in optimizing for Google AMP
• Familiarity with Schema.org design and implementation
• Experience collaborating with SEO teams, testing teams, and UX design teams
• Deep industry experience with modern development technologies, and hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology. Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms, especially as they relate to in-page performance
• A passion to grow professionally. Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Experience with strategies and patterns used to monitor code health, Core Web Vitals, in-page performance and resiliency
• Experience working with data representing financial markets, macroeconomics, political events/elections, and similar news-oriented data
• Experience with web-based data visualization tools and frameworks
• Experience working on Kanban/Scrum teams and the tools used for project management
• Active in the technology community
• Experience with interviewing and talent acquisition
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo5q3-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.