WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. New Media Designer for the CNN department.
The Sr. New Media Designer is responsible for creating templated graphics, developing new graphic solutions for broadcast, real-time graphics software/hardware testing and development. This position will work in conjunction with the CNN Design managers and art directors, engineering and IT support, production control room operations teams and editorial partners.
• Design and animate scenes in Viz Artist. Build templates in Viz Template Wizard, Viz Trio, Viz Ticker and Viz Multiplay.
• Develop design concepts and see projects through to completion and implementation on multiple platforms. This regularly includes the creation of innovative user interface solutions as well as testing and continued support for the created real-time graphics systems.
• Effectively communicate with Art Directors and Producers to coordinate production and distribution of design elements. Create style guides for producers.
• Coordinate efforts with personnel in Editorial, Broadcast Operations, and Engineering on the delivery, implementation and quality control of new products and workflows.
• Develop unique scripting solutions for the Vizrt design and playout environments as well as the Design Vizrt infrastructure. Assist in managing and organizing assets within the Vizrt folder structure.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose application and system-related issues and bugs.
• Monitor air, verify templated graphics are working properly and being used effectively.
• Work closely with CNN Creative Marketing and Master Control Operations to verify they have all the tools needed and they are working properly
• Troubleshoot any Viz related issues, work closely with EGOs, directors, producers, and design team regarding workflow and new ways we can tell a story using Viz
• 4+ years of television production, or equivalent work history, with extensive experience supporting live and in-studio regular programming.
• The ability to juggle projects, never missing a deadline, and producing top-notch work
• Degree from accredited art program with emphasis in graphic design, web design, motion design, 3d animation, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design. Completed coursework in computer science is beneficial.
• Design, animation, coding, creative thinking, attention to detail, organized, communication, plans ahead, handles stress well, multitasking and juggle projects, ability to take direction, good listener
• Must have knowledge of Viz Artist, Viz Template Wizard, Viz Trio, Viz Object Store, Viz Pilot, Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Desirable to have knowledge of Unreal Engine and/or Maxon Cinema4D or equivalent 3D applications.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y01m-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.