Animator / Graphic Artist
New York, NY
We are CNN. The world's most essential and engaging source of digital news. The way we tell stories is just as important as the stories themselves. Whether it's breaking news, investigative journalism, or enterprise storytelling, our visual journalism breaks down stories for audiences in unique and interesting ways. Our global reach and diversity of approaches allow us to better inform our audiences, with award-winning visual experiences both on and off-platform.
The Senior Motion Graphics Designer provides project-based art direction and brand stewardship as a role model and creative leader in the department. Working alongside our Creative Director, they develop and implement tactics to tell stories in imaginative and unique ways. Evangelizing a consistent CNN brand look across different verticals, regions, and multiple consumption experiences, maintaining high visual standards, and a strong attention to detail, client, audience, story, and context. Assigned to oversee strategic, complex projects, bringing new ideas, and challenging our approaches.
• Responsible for the day-to-day look and consistency of motion graphic storytelling, communicating the vision set out by the Creative Director to the broader set of editorial partners within the organization.
• Collaborate across teams to conceptualize daily, series, and franchise visual storytelling in video, interactive, social and other contexts.
• Design and build motion graphics for a mobile-first world, with the support of our global team of designers.
• Serve as backup for the Creative Director for editorial aspects aligning to the department's set vision.
• The ideal candidate must have a strong design sensibility, experience in a deadline driven environment, technical skills with digital graphics and animations and the ability to handle larger and more complex projects.
• A proven track-record of communicating a creative vision to multiple stakeholders and disciplines is a must.
• Must have sound editorial news judgment, an awareness of current business and industry trends, the ability to produce broadcast quality graphics and interactives quickly and efficiently, strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
• 5-7 years of experience creating and developing graphics.
• Experience working knowledge of video, animation, and interactive software, including but not limited to Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.