Senior Set Top Box Engineer
New York, NY
We are seeking a Sr Manager to join our Data Intelligence team as a subject matter expert in Content Analytics. This individual will be a thought leader for all things content analysis & reporting, building the insights that creative teams will use to strategically grow existing and future content libraries.
Core areas of focus and outcomes include:
1. Measurement Framework. Lead the definition, implementation, and adoption of KPIs that measure content quality, engagement, and marketing
2. Exploratory Analysis. Perform user data exploration and modeling to quantify fan journeys and map against product experience and various touchpoints
3. Insights Communication. Design reports and dashboards that place quantitative insights directly in the hands of stakeholders and creative executives, with an eye to transforming bespoke content analytics into data products
This is a collaborative role. You'll work to accomplish objectives with cross-functional teams and peers, including product managers; revenue, content and design strategists; engineers; and consumer science /audience researchers. You'll lead through influence to challenge assumptions in favor of building and maturing a data-driven, insightful culture that has the insights it needs to make informed decisions fast and deliver impactful experiences.
• Serve as central point-of-contact for content analytics on the editorial team, connecting content, product, design, engineering, consumer science, and research teams• Develop metrics for content KPI tracking, including the definition of content metadata and new user events required for monitoring and instrumentation
• Conduct detailed analyses such as identifying content clusters and consumption trends to create tangible insights that inform content strategy, planning, and investment.
• Effectively form and communicate content recommendations based on data analysis to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Operationalize access to data, dashboards, and critical insights - and conduct training to empower teams to self-serve the data and dashboards they need.
• Build proactive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams in the company so you understand the relevant questions and needs of the business and use that to advise your analysis
• Partner with data platform and engineering team to continually interrogate the tools, methods, and processes supporting analysis to optimize the cost and function of our tech stack
• 8+ years' experience working on or with cross-functional content development and investment teams, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations
• 5+ years of data analyst or data science experience, including strong statistical and data modeling skills (examples: SQL, R, Python), hands-on analysis, and data wrangling from complex data sets
• 3+ years' experience implementing and supporting self-serve content analytics and visualization tools (examples: MixPanel, Amplitude, Looker, etc.)
• Strong domain knowledge of interrogating content lifecycles, including demonstrated ability to partner with creatives, designers, and editors (to form questions and design supporting analysis)
• Demonstrated ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data, organize findings, and translate into actionable insights
• A quick learner can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business's changing needs.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal (ability to influence without hierarchy) and communication skills
• Academic background in quantitative field such as econometrics, behavioral statistics, finance, or computer science a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnmyy-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.