Your New Role…
The Sr. Graphics Software Engineer, using in-depth Vizrt knowledge and computer programming skills, will be the point person leading efforts developing advanced graphics for CNN Design. Partnering with the operations and technology teams, this person will lead the Implementation and development of Vizrt Graphics and other specialized graphics technology.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Vizrt software, hardware and integration expert
• Develop design technology solutions and see projects through to completion and implementation for multiple end points. This regularly includes the creation of innovative graphic solutions created in real-time graphics systems for on screen, large format video wall and interactive graphics.
• Effectively communicate with Designers, Production managers and Department Directors to coordinate production and distribution of design elements.
• Coordinate efforts with personnel in Editorial, Broadcast Operations, and Engineering on the delivery, implementation and quality control of new products and workflows.
• Develop unique scripting solutions for the Vizrt design and playout environments as well as the Design Vizrt infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose application and system-related issues and bugs.
• Assist in managing and organizing assets within the Vizrt folder structure.
• Design and animate scenes in Viz Artist. Build templates and variants in Wizard and Template Manager, Trio font codes,
• Create data driven graphics in Vizrt
• Monitor air, verify ticker, multiplay, pilot and trio are working properly.
• Works closely with creative marketing, ad sales and master control, verifying they have the tools needed to build promo and sponsorship graphics.
• Troubleshoot any Viz related issues, work closely with EGOs, directors, producers, and design team regarding workflow and new ways we can tell a story using Viz.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Must have 10+ years experience using the vizrt software suite including Viz Artist, Viz Trio, Viz Pilot, Viz World, Viz Ticker, Viz Multiplay, Viz Multichannel
• 10+ years of television production or equivalent work history with extensive experience supporting live programming.
• • Knowledge of Unreal Engine and Virtual Production is beneficial.
• Degree from accredited art program with emphasis in graphic design, web design, illustration, 3d animation or related field, or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design. Completed coursework in computer science is beneficial.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in a face paced news environment.
• Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite. Cinema 4D
• Strong communications skills: Regular interaction with producers, design team and other coworkers is essential to meet scheduled deadlines. Ability to respond positively to critiques and constructive criticism. Ability to share curiosity and enthusiasm for broadcast design, and the news in general, with work colleagues
• Flexible schedule: Ability to work extended hours, including overnight hours and weekends as needed
• Reel is required, be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro0kj2-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.