As a Sr Director, Product Design, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading experiences enjoyed by millions of news audience across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Sr Director, Product Design, Emerging Products CNN Digital, is an experienced product design leader who collaborates with designers, product managers, developers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists to build and grow emerging CNN Digital product experiences that help inform, engage, and retain our users.
• You will set and lead product design vision for new CNN products, while advocating for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, awareness at scale.
• You will establish a high-performing team structure, and provide the guidance needed to empower your direct reports to be successful.
• You are strategic and creative, with the ability to execute and influence.
• You can lead a holistic design strategy across multiple platforms, including 10FT UI, OTT, Mobile Apps, Web, etc.
• You possess the ability to lead compelling user experience that is seamless and intuitive.
• You have a commitment to challenge the status quo and assist in building approaches that consistently set the team on a path to realize world-class product experiences.
• You are comfortable with digital transformation.
• You live in the direct-to-consumer space.
• Empower and manage designers, foster a cohesive, committed, passionate, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
• Lead CNN's product design functions, collaborating with partners on your cross-functional team to understand the needs of our teams and establishing a structure and end-to-end workflows designed to best serve those needs.
• Manage and coach your team in expanding mastery of our business goals.
• Lead strategic solutions and results.
• Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company while managing a large volume of active projects.
• Steer the holistic view of your product suite across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and provoke new businesses.
• Guide user research and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
• Contribute to the product design priorities to inform strategic roadmap, translating business needs into creative and user experience opportunities.
• 12+ years related work experience leading digital experience at consumer-focused technology company is required.
• 7+ years of management experience.
• Exceptional track record of empowering and managing a team of designers to help them grow and succeed.
• Experience leading and building world-class product experiences and streamlining workflows for continuous iteration and improvement.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills to clearly communicate and lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Mastery and able to guide on user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55zm3-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.