New York, NY
Your New Role...
Would you like to work for a leading global media organization? If so, we'd love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Senior Analyst, Editorial Insights to support CNN by partnering with teams in Editorial, Programming, Product & Technology and more with the goal of providing insights to help grow our digital audience. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about digital audience analytics and journalism.
As a member of the Editorial Insights team, you will work in close collaboration with CNN's editorial team to drive audience growth and increased engagement through our insights efforts. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience with gathering and visualizing data from various sources, and providing insights. You will have a curious mind with enthusiasm for analysis, and the ability to translate data into actionable insights. The candidate best fit for this role will have experience working cross-departmentally and will have the ability and willingness to speak up to push for results.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Deliver insights on content performance that informs and supports decision-making for editorial and programming teams.
• Design dashboards and presentations with effective data visualizations, leveraging CNN's suite of analytics and syndicated tools to further understand CNN's complex audience.
• Support the integrity and development of Chartbeat, our primary real-time analytics tool. Back-end: Implementation, and QA to maintain the usability of key features. Front-end: Serve as a primary point of contact supporting editorial teams' needs, from day-to-day support to larger systems training.
• Perform analysis to identify new opportunities for CNN Digital's audiences across platforms, verticals, business units, and marketing channels and explain the value of these opportunities to key stakeholders.
• Document usage and requirements for analytics tools, providing recommendations for relevant data and analytics enhancements to support editorial needs.
• Serve as a conduit between editorial and analytics, tying together content calendars, product launches, and more to improve processes and support short-term and long-term business priorities.
Qualifications and Experience...
• 3-5 years of experience gathering and visualizing data from various sources and providing insights.
• Bachelor's degree or higher required. Journalism, communications, marketing, data analytics, data science, or related field preferred.
• A genuine interest in news and knowledge of the digital media industry landscape and technologies.
• Able to handle the analysis of datasets from multiple sources with the ability to craft actionable insights and compelling stories.
• High level of curiosity to explore the ''why'' behind the data, and a commitment to growing and developing as an analyst.
• Mastery of data analysis and visualization, and experience translating learnings to groups with varying levels of data literacy.
• Expert knowledge of first-party and third-party analytics tools: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or similar.
• Intermediate experience with data viz tools: Tableau, Domo, Looker, Snowflake, or similar.
• Familiarity with syndicated data sources such as SimilarWeb, Google Search Console, Conviva, Shareablee, Tubular, comScore or similar. Experience with the implementation and maintenance of Chartbeat, Parse.ly, or similar editorial tools is a plus.
• Sophisticated Excel and PowerPoint user.
• Experience successfully working cross-departmentally, effectively communicating across groups, including leadership.
• Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills and ability to collaborate and work well with others.
• Strong project/process management skills with experience managing workflow between different departments.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative 24/7 breaking news environment.
• Knowledge of SQL or other database query logic is a plus.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $73,500.00 - $136,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3kje-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $73,500 to $136,500 Per Year ($ USD)