CNN Sports Assignment Coordinator (Video Editor)
WarnerMedia seeks a Sports Assignment Coordinator for the Sports Newsgathering department. Sports Assignment Coordinators are responsible for working with the Sports Desk to ensure news of the day elements, game highlights, and affiliate requests are edited and posted on Bitcentral. In addition to the technical skills needed to bring in, edit and distribute content, this person should be adept at problem-solving and communicating with a variety of people both inside and outside the company.
• In this role, Assignment Coordinators make sure all game encodes are coming in correctly and work with satellites, Turner BTS/TOC, and Sports Access to fix any issues.
• They work with editors to make sure game highlights are sent out to affiliates in a timely manner, often while cutting their own games and content.
• They also work with BEST to troubleshoot technical issues with edit equipment that arise.
• Coordinators adjust edit assignments based on changing situations such as breaking news, postponed games or edit schedules.
• They also create the daily NewSource distribution list and future games/event lists in MIDAS.
• Sports Assignment Coordinators must have at least 2-5 years' edit experience, sports knowledge in the context of a news environment and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prior producing, affiliate experience, and knowledge of CNN systems are preferred.
• Must be comfortable with technology and adaptable during breaking news situations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2kn0-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.