Software Developer (CNN+)
Delivering first-in-class content in the best and most engaging ways possible while equipping our people to do so requires an incredible amount of talent… and technology. The technology and operations group covers things like the company's data strategy, content delivery systems, master control operations, broadcast engineering, advertising technology, and the technology platform for HBO Max, while also supporting the everyday underpinnings of our company. Join our community of extraordinary team members who are truly building the tools that will run the future of entertainment.
We are looking for a Software Developer to be responsible for working with team leads and developers to produce client-side SDKs in the areas of video, authentication, and privacy. These SDKs will be incorporated into the end user applications from our brands like CNN, TNT, Cartoon Network, March Madness, and many more. Your role will be responsible for designing and developing new features, collaborating with the team in design sessions and participating in agile ceremonies and Gitflow process. The ideal candidate is expected to have a good mix of technical acumen and communication.
• As more and more people watch their content on the web, on their phones, and many other devices, we have the need to provide them with the best video experience possible.
• This is an amazing opportunity for a developer, like yourself, to be a part of the design and delivery of the video player that will be the cornerstone of how our customers consume our content now and in the future. Our environment is unique.
• Our list of supported platforms continues to grow as more video-capable devices reach the marketplace. You'll be on the cutting edge of new devices and will help solve how we reach them as efficiently as possible.
• Agile is a way of life and you'll have the full support of our entire group to bring new and innovative ideas and methodologies to improve our products and processes.
• You'll sit side by side with both leadership and junior staff to iterate quickly to both launch new features and improve what we've already built.
• You've got 2-4 years of experience as a software developer.
• Demonstrated ability to work with client-side SDKs with video, analytics, and authentication.
• A strong desire to learn new technologies. With the number of connected devices we support, you will have the opportunity to learn Swift, Kotlin, React Native. We want inquisitive engineers.
• You're well-rounded with experience on web and mobile technologies.
• You use your great communication skills and attention to detail to ensure the delivery of exceptional products.
• You believe in Scrum, iterating quickly, and turning ideas into deployable code.
• You're always thinking about ways to improve performance, squash old bugs, and just making anything we deliver better for our customers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyokzq-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.