Staff Product Designer - Digital
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Staff Product Designer for the Dept. Name department. As a Sr Staff Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Sr Staff Product Designer, CNN Digital Core, is an experienced user experience designer who collaborates with product designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists to build and grow CNN Digital product experiences that help inform & engage our users, and impact CNN's bottom line.
• You oversee & execute across all phases of the design process from conception to implementation to include (but not limited to) wireframing, prototyping, and user interface design.
• You lead multiple large-scale, highly strategic projects.
• You act as a thought leader in the department, providing a clear vision for the future of product design and demonstrated ability to implement forward thinking solutions.
• You build relationships & collaborate with internal stakeholder leads (Product Management, Engineering etc) to ensure consistency with broader Product goals and company objectives.
• You demonstrate through action with a strong understanding & implementation of internal design process.
• You proactively identify & provide thoughtful solutions to complex design problems.
• You provide structured mentorship to other Designers, including technical training & coaching.
• Oversee & execute on CNN's Core product design efforts ranging from mobile application, web user experience, and information architecture.
• Collaborate with partners on your cross-functional team to understand the needs of our teams and establishing a structure and end-to-end workflows designed to best serve those needs.
• Partner with your team in expanding mastery of our business goals and proactively drive strategic solutions and results.
• Team up with your product team to steer the holistic view of your product suite across integration (customer and technical) points to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and provoke new businesses.
• Employ user research and testing techniques, backed by analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them, and identify pain points.
• 12+ years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer leading digital experience at consumer-focused technology company.
• Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design or a related field preferred.
• Experience with Product Design across multiple platforms.
• Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders such a Product Management and Engineering
• Expertise in visual design elements including typography, layout, and visual hierarchy.
• Expertise in design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma and Sketch.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.